If you live in Kentucky and want to know how to become an occupational therapist, you should note that the process can be surprisingly simple when you access the right information and follow the steps outlined by your state. First and foremost, you need to take the time to locate a school that will offer the types of degrees, licenses, and courses that will prepare you to compete well in the job market and perform with expedience and excellence on the job. You will also need to familiarize yourself with the licensing requirements of your state. To get the foundational information necessary to excel in your vocational path, carefully read the occupational therapy overview offered below:
List of Elite Programs in Kentucky
- Occupational Therapy Assistant - Associate of Applied Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Understand the Human Experience with a Psychology Degree from Saint Leo University!
- Whether you're interested in general psychology or clinical practices, earn your Psychology degree from one of the top-ranked Universities in Florida!
- Receive an Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any of our multiple Psychology programs from Saint Leo University!
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Psychology degree today!
- BA: Psychology - Clinical/Counseling
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Marriage, Couple, and Family
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling
- And more...
After opting to pursue an education in the occupational therapy field, aspiring OTs need to make sure that the school they attend is accredited. Accreditation is important for several reasons, one of which is that it ensures you are receiving a contemporary, relevant education that will prepare you to practice effectively in the modern world. Once you’ve found several Kentucky-based learning institutions that have attained regional accreditation, make sure that you request informational brochures that provide detailed information regarding important topics like the duration of the occupational therapy program, campus life, occupational therapy-related organizations and extracurricular activities, and more.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Kentucky
Kentucky residents who want to practice within their state must ensure that they obtain a license. To gain eligibility, you have to obtain a passing score on the OT or OTA exam administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). When you apply for your license, you are required to submit proof that you’ve attained certification along with an official transcript from your college. Also note that the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) requires students to renew their licensure each year.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Kentucky
Occupational therapists who work in the state of Kentucky will typically earn about $75,000 each year. Also be aware that occupational therapy assistants generally bring in about $52,000 annually. If you’re interested in increasing the likelihood of a raise or promotion, be aware that participating in ongoing educational courses can help you realize this goal.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Kentucky
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Jefferson Community and Technical College
- Madisonville Community College
- Spalding University
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Kentucky
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Eastern Kentucky University|
Department of Occupational Therapy
|(859) 622-3300||Dizney 103|
521 Lancaster Avenue
Richmond, KY 40475-3135
Auerbach School of Occupational Therapy
|(502) 588-7196 or (800) 896-8941 x7196||845 South Third Street|
Louisville, KY 40203-2188