If you live in Kentucky and want to know how to become an occupational therapist, you should note that the process can be surprisingly simple when you access the right information and follow the steps outlined by your state. First and foremost, you need to take the time to locate a school that will offer the types of degrees, licenses, and courses that will prepare you to compete well in the job market and perform with expedience and excellence on the job. You will also need to familiarize yourself with the licensing requirements of your state. To get the foundational information necessary to excel in your vocational path, carefully read the occupational therapy overview offered below:
List of Elite Programs in Kentucky
- Occupational Therapy Assistant - Associate of Applied Science
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Psychology Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Psychology, Counseling Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
After opting to pursue an education in the occupational therapy field, aspiring OTs need to make sure that the school they attend is accredited. Accreditation is important for several reasons, one of which is that it ensures you are receiving a contemporary, relevant education that will prepare you to practice effectively in the modern world. Once you’ve found several Kentucky-based learning institutions that have attained regional accreditation, make sure that you request informational brochures that provide detailed information regarding important topics like the duration of the occupational therapy program, campus life, occupational therapy-related organizations and extracurricular activities, and more.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Kentucky
Kentucky residents who want to practice within their state must ensure that they obtain a license. To gain eligibility, you have to obtain a passing score on the OT or OTA exam administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). When you apply for your license, you are required to submit proof that you’ve attained certification along with an official transcript from your college. Also note that the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) requires students to renew their licensure each year.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Kentucky
Occupational therapists who work in the state of Kentucky will typically earn about $75,000 each year. Also be aware that occupational therapy assistants generally bring in about $52,000 annually. If you’re interested in increasing the likelihood of a raise or promotion, be aware that participating in ongoing educational courses can help you realize this goal.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Kentucky
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Jefferson Community and Technical College
- Madisonville Community College
- Spalding University
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Kentucky
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Eastern Kentucky University|
Department of Occupational Therapy
|(859) 622-3300||Dizney 103|
521 Lancaster Avenue
Richmond, KY 40475-3135
Auerbach School of Occupational Therapy
|(502) 588-7196 or (800) 896-8941 x7196||845 South Third Street|
Louisville, KY 40203-2188