If you live in Kentucky and want to know how to become an occupational therapist, you should note that the process can be surprisingly simple when you access the right information and follow the steps outlined by your state. First and foremost, you need to take the time to locate a school that will offer the types of degrees, licenses, and courses that will prepare you to compete well in the job market and perform with expedience and excellence on the job. You will also need to familiarize yourself with the licensing requirements of your state. To get the foundational information necessary to excel in your vocational path, carefully read the occupational therapy overview offered below:
List of Elite Programs in Kentucky
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- A.S. Occupational Therapy Assistant
- B.S. Addictions Counseling
- Occupational Therapy Assistant - Associate of Applied Science
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Customize your coursework - select a concentration or specialization to best suit your individual and career goals.
- Learn from renowned faculty with real-world experience and expertise in their respective fields.
- Experience dynamic and engaging content through video conferencing and podcasts to engage in real-time conversation and learn to express ideas succinctly and confidently to a diverse group of peers.
- Receive robust, comprehensive career support services to help you define your career goals and leverage your new degree to the fullest.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Understand the Human Experience with a Psychology Degree from Saint Leo University!
- Whether you're interested in general psychology or clinical practices, earn your Psychology degree from one of the top-ranked Universities in Florida!
- Receive an Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any of our multiple Psychology programs from Saint Leo University!
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Psychology degree today!
- BA: Psychology - Clinical/Counseling
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
After opting to pursue an education in the occupational therapy field, aspiring OTs need to make sure that the school they attend is accredited. Accreditation is important for several reasons, one of which is that it ensures you are receiving a contemporary, relevant education that will prepare you to practice effectively in the modern world. Once you’ve found several Kentucky-based learning institutions that have attained regional accreditation, make sure that you request informational brochures that provide detailed information regarding important topics like the duration of the occupational therapy program, campus life, occupational therapy-related organizations and extracurricular activities, and more.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Kentucky
Kentucky residents who want to practice within their state must ensure that they obtain a license. To gain eligibility, you have to obtain a passing score on the OT or OTA exam administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). When you apply for your license, you are required to submit proof that you’ve attained certification along with an official transcript from your college. Also note that the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) requires students to renew their licensure each year.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Kentucky
Occupational therapists who work in the state of Kentucky will typically earn about $75,000 each year. Also be aware that occupational therapy assistants generally bring in about $52,000 annually. If you’re interested in increasing the likelihood of a raise or promotion, be aware that participating in ongoing educational courses can help you realize this goal.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Kentucky
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Jefferson Community and Technical College
- Madisonville Community College
- Spalding University
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Kentucky
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Eastern Kentucky University|
Department of Occupational Therapy
|(859) 622-3300||Dizney 103|
521 Lancaster Avenue
Richmond, KY 40475-3135
Auerbach School of Occupational Therapy
|(502) 588-7196 or (800) 896-8941 x7196||845 South Third Street|
Louisville, KY 40203-2188