If you live in Kentucky and want to know how to become an occupational therapist, you should note that the process can be surprisingly simple when you access the right information and follow the steps outlined by your state. First and foremost, you need to take the time to locate a school that will offer the types of degrees, licenses, and courses that will prepare you to compete well in the job market and perform with expedience and excellence on the job. You will also need to familiarize yourself with the licensing requirements of your state. To get the foundational information necessary to excel in your vocational path, carefully read the occupational therapy overview offered below:
List of Elite Programs in Kentucky
- Occupational Therapy Assistant - Associate of Applied Science
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
After opting to pursue an education in the occupational therapy field, aspiring OTs need to make sure that the school they attend is accredited. Accreditation is important for several reasons, one of which is that it ensures you are receiving a contemporary, relevant education that will prepare you to practice effectively in the modern world. Once you’ve found several Kentucky-based learning institutions that have attained regional accreditation, make sure that you request informational brochures that provide detailed information regarding important topics like the duration of the occupational therapy program, campus life, occupational therapy-related organizations and extracurricular activities, and more.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Kentucky
Kentucky residents who want to practice within their state must ensure that they obtain a license. To gain eligibility, you have to obtain a passing score on the OT or OTA exam administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). When you apply for your license, you are required to submit proof that you’ve attained certification along with an official transcript from your college. Also note that the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) requires students to renew their licensure each year.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Kentucky
Occupational therapists who work in the state of Kentucky will typically earn about $75,000 each year. Also be aware that occupational therapy assistants generally bring in about $52,000 annually. If you’re interested in increasing the likelihood of a raise or promotion, be aware that participating in ongoing educational courses can help you realize this goal.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Kentucky
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Jefferson Community and Technical College
- Madisonville Community College
- Spalding University
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Kentucky
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Eastern Kentucky University|
Department of Occupational Therapy
|(859) 622-3300||Dizney 103|
521 Lancaster Avenue
Richmond, KY 40475-3135
Auerbach School of Occupational Therapy
|(502) 588-7196 or (800) 896-8941 x7196||845 South Third Street|
Louisville, KY 40203-2188