If you live in Kentucky and want to know how to become an occupational therapist, you should note that the process can be surprisingly simple when you access the right information and follow the steps outlined by your state. First and foremost, you need to take the time to locate a school that will offer the types of degrees, licenses, and courses that will prepare you to compete well in the job market and perform with expedience and excellence on the job. You will also need to familiarize yourself with the licensing requirements of your state. To get the foundational information necessary to excel in your vocational path, carefully read the occupational therapy overview offered below:
List of Elite Programs in Kentucky
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology
- And more...
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
After opting to pursue an education in the occupational therapy field, aspiring OTs need to make sure that the school they attend is accredited. Accreditation is important for several reasons, one of which is that it ensures you are receiving a contemporary, relevant education that will prepare you to practice effectively in the modern world. Once you’ve found several Kentucky-based learning institutions that have attained regional accreditation, make sure that you request informational brochures that provide detailed information regarding important topics like the duration of the occupational therapy program, campus life, occupational therapy-related organizations and extracurricular activities, and more.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Kentucky
Kentucky residents who want to practice within their state must ensure that they obtain a license. To gain eligibility, you have to obtain a passing score on the OT or OTA exam administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). When you apply for your license, you are required to submit proof that you’ve attained certification along with an official transcript from your college. Also note that the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) requires students to renew their licensure each year.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Kentucky
Occupational therapists who work in the state of Kentucky will typically earn about $75,000 each year. Also be aware that occupational therapy assistants generally bring in about $52,000 annually. If you’re interested in increasing the likelihood of a raise or promotion, be aware that participating in ongoing educational courses can help you realize this goal.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Kentucky
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Jefferson Community and Technical College
- Madisonville Community College
- Spalding University
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Kentucky
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Eastern Kentucky University|
Department of Occupational Therapy
|(859) 622-3300||Dizney 103|
521 Lancaster Avenue
Richmond, KY 40475-3135
Auerbach School of Occupational Therapy
|(502) 588-7196 or (800) 896-8941 x7196||845 South Third Street|
Louisville, KY 40203-2188