If one is thinking of going into the field of Occupational Therapy, there are a lot of things that they must first consider. Below, one will be able to find information specifically catered to those that wish to do this in the state of Kansas.
List of Elite Programs in Kansas
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Currently, there are a total of four different schools within the state of Kansas that offer degree paths within the field of Occupational Therapy. It is imperative that one thoroughly looks into the different schools prior to committing to them in order to make sure that the school they want to attend offers the level of degree that they require to do what they wish in this field. Below, one will be able to find the name of the four schools that offer some sort of degree in the field of Occupational Therapy.
- Barton County Community College
- Brown Mackie College – Kansas City
- University of Kansas
- Newman University
Occupational Therapy Certification in Kansas
In order to become licensed to practice Occupational Therapy in the state of Kansas, one must first go through the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts regulations. One must have their degree in Occupational Therapy, and depending on if they want to be an Occupational Therapist or an Occupational Therapy assistant, the measures that they must go through varies.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Kansas
Compared to other professions in the same related fields, Occupational Therapists in the state of Kansas actually make less on a yearly basis. However, on average, an Occupational Therapist in the state of Kansas still makes around $52K a year, depending on the level of degree that they have required. This is still higher than the national average for Occupational Therapists.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Kansas
Below, one can view the three different degrees that they can acquire by going to one of the four schools mentioned above. It is imperative that before committing to a school, that the school of your choice actually has the appropriate degree program that is desired.
- Associates Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Kansas
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|University of Kansas Medical Center|
Department of Occupational Therapy Education
|(913) 588-7195||3901 Rainbow Boulevard – 3033 Robinson, MS 2003|
Kansas City, KS 66160-7602