There are five accredited schools in Missouri that offer an occupational therapy master’s-level program. Rockhurst University is located in Kansas City, Missouri. Their occupation therapy program is an entry-level master’s-level program that is offered to undergraduate students as well as freshmen at the university.
List of Elite Programs in Kansas City, MO
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
The state of Missouri requires practicing occupational therapists to be licensed. The first step to receiving a license in Missouri is to obtain either a Bachelor or Master’s degree in occupational therapy from an institute that has received accreditation from the American Occupational Therapy Association or the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Once you have graduated with one of these degrees, it is required that you complete at least six months of work experience through an internship, which is usually offered as part of your schooling. After these items have been completed, you need to acquire two professional references to be presented to the board and pass a criminal background check. Next on the list is to obtain a passing score on the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam, which means you must score within the 70th percentile. Once you have become a licensed occupational therapist in the state of Missouri, you must complete at least 24 hours of continuing education within the license period in order to renew and maintain your license and continue practicing as an occupational therapist in Missouri.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Kansas City, Missouri
The average annual salary for a full time occupational therapist working in Kansas City, Missouri, is about $80,000. This puts Kansas City about 7 percent below the national average.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Missouri
The Master’s-Level Occupational Therapy program offered at Rockhurst University in Kansas City, Missouri, has an option for freshmen to apply for pre-admission. By entering this program freshman year, students will receive their degree after five years. Rockhurst University calls this the 3+2 program. This program, whether entering as a freshman or undergraduate, will prepare students to pass the NBCOT exam, provide them with work experience either within the area or globally, teaches leadership skills by offering students to serve on boards and committees. The university also has a student-run free health clinic that gives students the opportunity to gain work experience managing and staffing the clinic.