There are five accredited schools in Missouri that offer an occupational therapy master’s-level program. Rockhurst University is located in Kansas City, Missouri. Their occupation therapy program is an entry-level master’s-level program that is offered to undergraduate students as well as freshmen at the university.
List of Elite Programs in Kansas City, MO
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
The state of Missouri requires practicing occupational therapists to be licensed. The first step to receiving a license in Missouri is to obtain either a Bachelor or Master’s degree in occupational therapy from an institute that has received accreditation from the American Occupational Therapy Association or the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Once you have graduated with one of these degrees, it is required that you complete at least six months of work experience through an internship, which is usually offered as part of your schooling. After these items have been completed, you need to acquire two professional references to be presented to the board and pass a criminal background check. Next on the list is to obtain a passing score on the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam, which means you must score within the 70th percentile. Once you have become a licensed occupational therapist in the state of Missouri, you must complete at least 24 hours of continuing education within the license period in order to renew and maintain your license and continue practicing as an occupational therapist in Missouri.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Kansas City, Missouri
The average annual salary for a full time occupational therapist working in Kansas City, Missouri, is about $80,000. This puts Kansas City about 7 percent below the national average.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Missouri
The Master’s-Level Occupational Therapy program offered at Rockhurst University in Kansas City, Missouri, has an option for freshmen to apply for pre-admission. By entering this program freshman year, students will receive their degree after five years. Rockhurst University calls this the 3+2 program. This program, whether entering as a freshman or undergraduate, will prepare students to pass the NBCOT exam, provide them with work experience either within the area or globally, teaches leadership skills by offering students to serve on boards and committees. The university also has a student-run free health clinic that gives students the opportunity to gain work experience managing and staffing the clinic.