There are five accredited schools in Missouri that offer an occupational therapy master’s-level program. Rockhurst University is located in Kansas City, Missouri. Their occupation therapy program is an entry-level master’s-level program that is offered to undergraduate students as well as freshmen at the university.
List of Elite Programs in Kansas City, MO
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
The state of Missouri requires practicing occupational therapists to be licensed. The first step to receiving a license in Missouri is to obtain either a Bachelor or Master’s degree in occupational therapy from an institute that has received accreditation from the American Occupational Therapy Association or the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Once you have graduated with one of these degrees, it is required that you complete at least six months of work experience through an internship, which is usually offered as part of your schooling. After these items have been completed, you need to acquire two professional references to be presented to the board and pass a criminal background check. Next on the list is to obtain a passing score on the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam, which means you must score within the 70th percentile. Once you have become a licensed occupational therapist in the state of Missouri, you must complete at least 24 hours of continuing education within the license period in order to renew and maintain your license and continue practicing as an occupational therapist in Missouri.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Kansas City, Missouri
The average annual salary for a full time occupational therapist working in Kansas City, Missouri, is about $80,000. This puts Kansas City about 7 percent below the national average.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Missouri
The Master’s-Level Occupational Therapy program offered at Rockhurst University in Kansas City, Missouri, has an option for freshmen to apply for pre-admission. By entering this program freshman year, students will receive their degree after five years. Rockhurst University calls this the 3+2 program. This program, whether entering as a freshman or undergraduate, will prepare students to pass the NBCOT exam, provide them with work experience either within the area or globally, teaches leadership skills by offering students to serve on boards and committees. The university also has a student-run free health clinic that gives students the opportunity to gain work experience managing and staffing the clinic.