There are five accredited schools in Missouri that offer an occupational therapy master’s-level program. Rockhurst University is located in Kansas City, Missouri. Their occupation therapy program is an entry-level master’s-level program that is offered to undergraduate students as well as freshmen at the university.
List of Elite Programs in Kansas City, MO
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
The state of Missouri requires practicing occupational therapists to be licensed. The first step to receiving a license in Missouri is to obtain either a Bachelor or Master’s degree in occupational therapy from an institute that has received accreditation from the American Occupational Therapy Association or the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Once you have graduated with one of these degrees, it is required that you complete at least six months of work experience through an internship, which is usually offered as part of your schooling. After these items have been completed, you need to acquire two professional references to be presented to the board and pass a criminal background check. Next on the list is to obtain a passing score on the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam, which means you must score within the 70th percentile. Once you have become a licensed occupational therapist in the state of Missouri, you must complete at least 24 hours of continuing education within the license period in order to renew and maintain your license and continue practicing as an occupational therapist in Missouri.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Kansas City, Missouri
The average annual salary for a full time occupational therapist working in Kansas City, Missouri, is about $80,000. This puts Kansas City about 7 percent below the national average.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Missouri
The Master’s-Level Occupational Therapy program offered at Rockhurst University in Kansas City, Missouri, has an option for freshmen to apply for pre-admission. By entering this program freshman year, students will receive their degree after five years. Rockhurst University calls this the 3+2 program. This program, whether entering as a freshman or undergraduate, will prepare students to pass the NBCOT exam, provide them with work experience either within the area or globally, teaches leadership skills by offering students to serve on boards and committees. The university also has a student-run free health clinic that gives students the opportunity to gain work experience managing and staffing the clinic.