If you live in Jacksonville and have given careful consideration regarding which career field to enter, you may have decided that becoming an occupational therapist is the most personally and professionally advantageous decision for you to make. If so, it’s important that you learn about the occupational therapy colleges available to you as well as other relevant career-related data such as how much money you can expect to earn in this professional sector. To obtain answers to these questions and several others, consider the following information.
List of Elite Programs in Jacksonville
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Selecting an occupational therapy college in Jacksonville can be very simple. Your first step is locating an educational institution that has earned regional accreditation. This step is quite important because a school that has attained accreditation will almost always have superior quality in terms of faculty and courses offered. Once you’ve picked out several occupational therapy programs, your next step should be to conduct background research on the colleges to see if they will offer the types of classes and degrees that will enable you to become a competitive job candidate and confident worker. Be sure to carefully compare the courses and other educational details of several schools before you make your final selection.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Jacksonville
Each Jacksonville resident who desires to work as an occupational therapist must ensure that they conform to Florida’s guidelines. Once you meet the foundational guideline of obtaining a degree, you’ll move forward by successfully completing a minimum of six months of work in the occupational therapy sector through an internship. You can also complete this requirement under the direction of a licensed OT. Additionally, you’ll be required to successfully complete a class on medical error prevention. (This is a two hour course.) Finally, the state of Florida requires that you pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Jacksonville
Indeed.com reports that occupational therapists residing in Jacksonville generate an average annual income of $80,000. At the same time, an occupational therapy assistant will make $56,000. Please note that there are a plethora of ways that you can increase your annual revenue, such as by enrollment in continuing education courses.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Jacksonville
There are two occupational therapy programs in Jacksonville that you can enroll in:
- Florida State College at Jacksonville
- University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS)