If you live in Jacksonville and have given careful consideration regarding which career field to enter, you may have decided that becoming an occupational therapist is the most personally and professionally advantageous decision for you to make. If so, it’s important that you learn about the occupational therapy colleges available to you as well as other relevant career-related data such as how much money you can expect to earn in this professional sector. To obtain answers to these questions and several others, consider the following information.
List of Elite Programs in Jacksonville
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- A.S. - A.H. - Mental Health Technology
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Selecting an occupational therapy college in Jacksonville can be very simple. Your first step is locating an educational institution that has earned regional accreditation. This step is quite important because a school that has attained accreditation will almost always have superior quality in terms of faculty and courses offered. Once you’ve picked out several occupational therapy programs, your next step should be to conduct background research on the colleges to see if they will offer the types of classes and degrees that will enable you to become a competitive job candidate and confident worker. Be sure to carefully compare the courses and other educational details of several schools before you make your final selection.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Jacksonville
Each Jacksonville resident who desires to work as an occupational therapist must ensure that they conform to Florida’s guidelines. Once you meet the foundational guideline of obtaining a degree, you’ll move forward by successfully completing a minimum of six months of work in the occupational therapy sector through an internship. You can also complete this requirement under the direction of a licensed OT. Additionally, you’ll be required to successfully complete a class on medical error prevention. (This is a two hour course.) Finally, the state of Florida requires that you pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Jacksonville
Indeed.com reports that occupational therapists residing in Jacksonville generate an average annual income of $80,000. At the same time, an occupational therapy assistant will make $56,000. Please note that there are a plethora of ways that you can increase your annual revenue, such as by enrollment in continuing education courses.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Jacksonville
There are two occupational therapy programs in Jacksonville that you can enroll in:
- Florida State College at Jacksonville
- University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS)