If you live in Jacksonville and have given careful consideration regarding which career field to enter, you may have decided that becoming an occupational therapist is the most personally and professionally advantageous decision for you to make. If so, it’s important that you learn about the occupational therapy colleges available to you as well as other relevant career-related data such as how much money you can expect to earn in this professional sector. To obtain answers to these questions and several others, consider the following information.
List of Elite Programs in Jacksonville
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Selecting an occupational therapy college in Jacksonville can be very simple. Your first step is locating an educational institution that has earned regional accreditation. This step is quite important because a school that has attained accreditation will almost always have superior quality in terms of faculty and courses offered. Once you’ve picked out several occupational therapy programs, your next step should be to conduct background research on the colleges to see if they will offer the types of classes and degrees that will enable you to become a competitive job candidate and confident worker. Be sure to carefully compare the courses and other educational details of several schools before you make your final selection.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Jacksonville
Each Jacksonville resident who desires to work as an occupational therapist must ensure that they conform to Florida’s guidelines. Once you meet the foundational guideline of obtaining a degree, you’ll move forward by successfully completing a minimum of six months of work in the occupational therapy sector through an internship. You can also complete this requirement under the direction of a licensed OT. Additionally, you’ll be required to successfully complete a class on medical error prevention. (This is a two hour course.) Finally, the state of Florida requires that you pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Jacksonville
Indeed.com reports that occupational therapists residing in Jacksonville generate an average annual income of $80,000. At the same time, an occupational therapy assistant will make $56,000. Please note that there are a plethora of ways that you can increase your annual revenue, such as by enrollment in continuing education courses.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Jacksonville
There are two occupational therapy programs in Jacksonville that you can enroll in:
- Florida State College at Jacksonville
- University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS)