If you live in Jacksonville and have given careful consideration regarding which career field to enter, you may have decided that becoming an occupational therapist is the most personally and professionally advantageous decision for you to make. If so, it’s important that you learn about the occupational therapy colleges available to you as well as other relevant career-related data such as how much money you can expect to earn in this professional sector. To obtain answers to these questions and several others, consider the following information.
List of Elite Programs in Jacksonville
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Experience world-class education online: Purdue Global offers 180 programs at associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels
- Courses taught by highly respected faculty members who are experts in their fields
- Competency-based ExcelTrack™ Programs may allow you to earn your degree faster and for less money
- Full range of student services: individual educational advising, hands-on learning through interactive online classroom, no-cost tutoring in math, science and writing
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Selecting an occupational therapy college in Jacksonville can be very simple. Your first step is locating an educational institution that has earned regional accreditation. This step is quite important because a school that has attained accreditation will almost always have superior quality in terms of faculty and courses offered. Once you’ve picked out several occupational therapy programs, your next step should be to conduct background research on the colleges to see if they will offer the types of classes and degrees that will enable you to become a competitive job candidate and confident worker. Be sure to carefully compare the courses and other educational details of several schools before you make your final selection.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Jacksonville
Each Jacksonville resident who desires to work as an occupational therapist must ensure that they conform to Florida’s guidelines. Once you meet the foundational guideline of obtaining a degree, you’ll move forward by successfully completing a minimum of six months of work in the occupational therapy sector through an internship. You can also complete this requirement under the direction of a licensed OT. Additionally, you’ll be required to successfully complete a class on medical error prevention. (This is a two hour course.) Finally, the state of Florida requires that you pass the NBCOT OTR exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Jacksonville
Indeed.com reports that occupational therapists residing in Jacksonville generate an average annual income of $80,000. At the same time, an occupational therapy assistant will make $56,000. Please note that there are a plethora of ways that you can increase your annual revenue, such as by enrollment in continuing education courses.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Jacksonville
There are two occupational therapy programs in Jacksonville that you can enroll in:
- Florida State College at Jacksonville
- University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS)