Occupational therapy is a vital profession in the field of health care. Important training, certification, and classes need to be completed in order to become a certified Occupational Therapist. There are some options for training in Iowa that will lead to the accomplishment of the goals Occupational Therapy students have set for themselves. Iowa colleges offering Occupational Therapy programs must offer certain coursework and follow strict guidelines in order to be considered an accredited academic school.
List of Elite Programs in Iowa
- Occupational Therapy Assistant - Associate of Applied Science
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
The state of Iowa houses three accredited colleges that have Occupational Therapy Master programs. These schools are Kirkwood Community College, St. Ambrose University, and Western Iowa Tech Community College.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Iowa
Students looking to earn Occupational Therapy certification in Iowa should start with a bachelor’s degree. It is usually recommended that this degree be focused on something related to healthcare. The next step is to be accepted into a master’s program in Occupational Therapy. Following graduation from the program, it is necessary to take and pass the NBCOT exam. You may then apply for a license with the Iowa Board of Physical & Occupational Therapy Examiners. This whole process usually takes about 7 years to complete.
Salaries for Occupational Therapist in Iowa
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Therapists working in Iowa in 2013 earned an average of $80,000. In Iowa there are many settings in which Occupational Therapists can apply for employment. There are jobs in hospitals and medical centers and in private practice. Therapists can also work in educational settings such as elementary or high schools. Salaries can vary widely depending on where employment is found. Private companies tend to pay more than a public school setting.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Iowa
There are currently 27 colleges offering some kind of occupational therapist training in Iowa. Some of these offer pre-requisites all the way up to master’s degrees.
The process of becoming an Occupational Therapist requires challenging courses and years of dedication. It is important to choose the right program for you and your educational needs. The state of Iowa offers several options for those interested in pursuing Occupational Therapy as a career.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Iowa
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|St. Ambrose University|
Occupational Therapy Program
Center for Health Sciences Education
|(563) 333-6277||1320 West Lombard Street|
Davenport, IA 52804