Occupational therapy is a vital profession in the field of health care. Important training, certification, and classes need to be completed in order to become a certified Occupational Therapist. There are some options for training in Iowa that will lead to the accomplishment of the goals Occupational Therapy students have set for themselves. Iowa colleges offering Occupational Therapy programs must offer certain coursework and follow strict guidelines in order to be considered an accredited academic school.
List of Elite Programs in Iowa
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
The state of Iowa houses three accredited colleges that have Occupational Therapy Master programs. These schools are Kirkwood Community College, St. Ambrose University, and Western Iowa Tech Community College.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Iowa
Students looking to earn Occupational Therapy certification in Iowa should start with a bachelor’s degree. It is usually recommended that this degree be focused on something related to healthcare. The next step is to be accepted into a master’s program in Occupational Therapy. Following graduation from the program, it is necessary to take and pass the NBCOT exam. You may then apply for a license with the Iowa Board of Physical & Occupational Therapy Examiners. This whole process usually takes about 7 years to complete.
Salaries for Occupational Therapist in Iowa
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Therapists working in Iowa in 2013 earned an average of $80,000. In Iowa there are many settings in which Occupational Therapists can apply for employment. There are jobs in hospitals and medical centers and in private practice. Therapists can also work in educational settings such as elementary or high schools. Salaries can vary widely depending on where employment is found. Private companies tend to pay more than a public school setting.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Iowa
There are currently 27 colleges offering some kind of occupational therapist training in Iowa. Some of these offer pre-requisites all the way up to master’s degrees.
The process of becoming an Occupational Therapist requires challenging courses and years of dedication. It is important to choose the right program for you and your educational needs. The state of Iowa offers several options for those interested in pursuing Occupational Therapy as a career.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Iowa
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|St. Ambrose University|
Occupational Therapy Program
Center for Health Sciences Education
|(563) 333-6277||1320 West Lombard Street|
Davenport, IA 52804