Occupational therapy is a vital profession in the field of health care. Important training, certification, and classes need to be completed in order to become a certified Occupational Therapist. There are some options for training in Iowa that will lead to the accomplishment of the goals Occupational Therapy students have set for themselves. Iowa colleges offering Occupational Therapy programs must offer certain coursework and follow strict guidelines in order to be considered an accredited academic school.
List of Elite Programs in Iowa
- Occupational Therapy Assistant - Associate of Applied Science
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
The state of Iowa houses three accredited colleges that have Occupational Therapy Master programs. These schools are Kirkwood Community College, St. Ambrose University, and Western Iowa Tech Community College.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Iowa
Students looking to earn Occupational Therapy certification in Iowa should start with a bachelor’s degree. It is usually recommended that this degree be focused on something related to healthcare. The next step is to be accepted into a master’s program in Occupational Therapy. Following graduation from the program, it is necessary to take and pass the NBCOT exam. You may then apply for a license with the Iowa Board of Physical & Occupational Therapy Examiners. This whole process usually takes about 7 years to complete.
Salaries for Occupational Therapist in Iowa
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Therapists working in Iowa in 2013 earned an average of $80,000. In Iowa there are many settings in which Occupational Therapists can apply for employment. There are jobs in hospitals and medical centers and in private practice. Therapists can also work in educational settings such as elementary or high schools. Salaries can vary widely depending on where employment is found. Private companies tend to pay more than a public school setting.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Iowa
There are currently 27 colleges offering some kind of occupational therapist training in Iowa. Some of these offer pre-requisites all the way up to master’s degrees.
The process of becoming an Occupational Therapist requires challenging courses and years of dedication. It is important to choose the right program for you and your educational needs. The state of Iowa offers several options for those interested in pursuing Occupational Therapy as a career.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Iowa
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|St. Ambrose University|
Occupational Therapy Program
Center for Health Sciences Education
|(563) 333-6277||1320 West Lombard Street|
Davenport, IA 52804