Occupational therapy is a vital profession in the field of health care. Important training, certification, and classes need to be completed in order to become a certified Occupational Therapist. There are some options for training in Iowa that will lead to the accomplishment of the goals Occupational Therapy students have set for themselves. Iowa colleges offering Occupational Therapy programs must offer certain coursework and follow strict guidelines in order to be considered an accredited academic school.
List of Elite Programs in Iowa
- Occupational Therapy Assistant - Associate of Applied Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
The state of Iowa houses three accredited colleges that have Occupational Therapy Master programs. These schools are Kirkwood Community College, St. Ambrose University, and Western Iowa Tech Community College.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Iowa
Students looking to earn Occupational Therapy certification in Iowa should start with a bachelor’s degree. It is usually recommended that this degree be focused on something related to healthcare. The next step is to be accepted into a master’s program in Occupational Therapy. Following graduation from the program, it is necessary to take and pass the NBCOT exam. You may then apply for a license with the Iowa Board of Physical & Occupational Therapy Examiners. This whole process usually takes about 7 years to complete.
Salaries for Occupational Therapist in Iowa
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Therapists working in Iowa in 2013 earned an average of $80,000. In Iowa there are many settings in which Occupational Therapists can apply for employment. There are jobs in hospitals and medical centers and in private practice. Therapists can also work in educational settings such as elementary or high schools. Salaries can vary widely depending on where employment is found. Private companies tend to pay more than a public school setting.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Iowa
There are currently 27 colleges offering some kind of occupational therapist training in Iowa. Some of these offer pre-requisites all the way up to master’s degrees.
The process of becoming an Occupational Therapist requires challenging courses and years of dedication. It is important to choose the right program for you and your educational needs. The state of Iowa offers several options for those interested in pursuing Occupational Therapy as a career.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Iowa
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|St. Ambrose University|
Occupational Therapy Program
Center for Health Sciences Education
|(563) 333-6277||1320 West Lombard Street|
Davenport, IA 52804