Occupational therapy is a vital profession in the field of health care. Important training, certification, and classes need to be completed in order to become a certified Occupational Therapist. There are some options for training in Iowa that will lead to the accomplishment of the goals Occupational Therapy students have set for themselves. Iowa colleges offering Occupational Therapy programs must offer certain coursework and follow strict guidelines in order to be considered an accredited academic school.
List of Elite Programs in Iowa
- Occupational Therapy Assistant - Associate of Applied Science
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology : Addictions
- Master of Science in Psychology : Addictions
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
The state of Iowa houses three accredited colleges that have Occupational Therapy Master programs. These schools are Kirkwood Community College, St. Ambrose University, and Western Iowa Tech Community College.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Iowa
Students looking to earn Occupational Therapy certification in Iowa should start with a bachelor’s degree. It is usually recommended that this degree be focused on something related to healthcare. The next step is to be accepted into a master’s program in Occupational Therapy. Following graduation from the program, it is necessary to take and pass the NBCOT exam. You may then apply for a license with the Iowa Board of Physical & Occupational Therapy Examiners. This whole process usually takes about 7 years to complete.
Salaries for Occupational Therapist in Iowa
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Therapists working in Iowa in 2013 earned an average of $80,000. In Iowa there are many settings in which Occupational Therapists can apply for employment. There are jobs in hospitals and medical centers and in private practice. Therapists can also work in educational settings such as elementary or high schools. Salaries can vary widely depending on where employment is found. Private companies tend to pay more than a public school setting.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Iowa
There are currently 27 colleges offering some kind of occupational therapist training in Iowa. Some of these offer pre-requisites all the way up to master’s degrees.
The process of becoming an Occupational Therapist requires challenging courses and years of dedication. It is important to choose the right program for you and your educational needs. The state of Iowa offers several options for those interested in pursuing Occupational Therapy as a career.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Iowa
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|St. Ambrose University|
Occupational Therapy Program
Center for Health Sciences Education
|(563) 333-6277||1320 West Lombard Street|
Davenport, IA 52804