Are you ready to make a change and go back to school? Thousands of people in Indiana alone have gone to college for Occupational Therapy, and increased their earning potential. You could change your entire direction by enrolling in an occupational therapy certification program, by seeking training and enrolling in classes today. Here are a few tips on how to become an occupational therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Indianapolis,IN
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Indianapolis, IN
There three accredited occupational therapy schools in Indianapolis, and they offer associates, masters, and doctoral degrees. Students of these schools can take classes online, on campus, and a combination of the two. Some universities offer student associations for Occupational Therapy students, allowing for better networking and connections during the certification program. Accredited and reputable schools will list their tuition clearly, show their pass rate for licensure tests, and explain the results of their program clearly on their website.
Occupational Therapy training in Indianapolis, Indiana requires certification courses during your degree. The state of Indiana requires an occupational therapy test while students are enrolled and seeking their license. Some schools offer specific graduate certification programs for students with enough undergraduate coursework to qualify. Some students seek out Occupational Therapy Assistant degrees and certificates. There are a total of four degree programs in Indianapolis: 1 associates program, 2 masters programs, and 1 doctoral program. When researching a school, make sure to check their pass rate for the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy test. This should be easily accessible on the program’s website.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Indianapolis, IN
The median salary for an occupational therapist in Indianapolis, IN is $77,423 annually, with a range from $65,000 to $90,000. The national average is slightly higher, with the median at $80,000. The salary offered to a student depends on location, level of degree, specialization, and level of experience.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Indiana
University of Indianapolis: Masters, Doctoral, Undergraduate and Certificate programs
Indiana University (Indianapolis)
University of Southern Indiana
Brown Mackie College: Associates Degree for Occupational Therapy Assistant jobs