Are you ready to make a change and go back to school? Thousands of people in Indiana alone have gone to college for Occupational Therapy, and increased their earning potential. You could change your entire direction by enrolling in an occupational therapy certification program, by seeking training and enrolling in classes today. Here are a few tips on how to become an occupational therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Indianapolis,IN
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Indianapolis, IN
There three accredited occupational therapy schools in Indianapolis, and they offer associates, masters, and doctoral degrees. Students of these schools can take classes online, on campus, and a combination of the two. Some universities offer student associations for Occupational Therapy students, allowing for better networking and connections during the certification program. Accredited and reputable schools will list their tuition clearly, show their pass rate for licensure tests, and explain the results of their program clearly on their website.
Occupational Therapy training in Indianapolis, Indiana requires certification courses during your degree. The state of Indiana requires an occupational therapy test while students are enrolled and seeking their license. Some schools offer specific graduate certification programs for students with enough undergraduate coursework to qualify. Some students seek out Occupational Therapy Assistant degrees and certificates. There are a total of four degree programs in Indianapolis: 1 associates program, 2 masters programs, and 1 doctoral program. When researching a school, make sure to check their pass rate for the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy test. This should be easily accessible on the program’s website.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Indianapolis, IN
The median salary for an occupational therapist in Indianapolis, IN is $77,423 annually, with a range from $65,000 to $90,000. The national average is slightly higher, with the median at $80,000. The salary offered to a student depends on location, level of degree, specialization, and level of experience.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Indiana
University of Indianapolis: Masters, Doctoral, Undergraduate and Certificate programs
Indiana University (Indianapolis)
University of Southern Indiana
Brown Mackie College: Associates Degree for Occupational Therapy Assistant jobs