Are you ready to make a change and go back to school? Thousands of people in Indiana alone have gone to college for Occupational Therapy, and increased their earning potential. You could change your entire direction by enrolling in an occupational therapy certification program, by seeking training and enrolling in classes today. Here are a few tips on how to become an occupational therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Indianapolis,IN
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Indianapolis, IN
There three accredited occupational therapy schools in Indianapolis, and they offer associates, masters, and doctoral degrees. Students of these schools can take classes online, on campus, and a combination of the two. Some universities offer student associations for Occupational Therapy students, allowing for better networking and connections during the certification program. Accredited and reputable schools will list their tuition clearly, show their pass rate for licensure tests, and explain the results of their program clearly on their website.
Occupational Therapy training in Indianapolis, Indiana requires certification courses during your degree. The state of Indiana requires an occupational therapy test while students are enrolled and seeking their license. Some schools offer specific graduate certification programs for students with enough undergraduate coursework to qualify. Some students seek out Occupational Therapy Assistant degrees and certificates. There are a total of four degree programs in Indianapolis: 1 associates program, 2 masters programs, and 1 doctoral program. When researching a school, make sure to check their pass rate for the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy test. This should be easily accessible on the program’s website.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Indianapolis, IN
The median salary for an occupational therapist in Indianapolis, IN is $77,423 annually, with a range from $65,000 to $90,000. The national average is slightly higher, with the median at $80,000. The salary offered to a student depends on location, level of degree, specialization, and level of experience.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Indiana
University of Indianapolis: Masters, Doctoral, Undergraduate and Certificate programs
Indiana University (Indianapolis)
University of Southern Indiana
Brown Mackie College: Associates Degree for Occupational Therapy Assistant jobs