Many individuals want to work in helpful health care careers with patients who are recovering from injuries that have changed their mobility. An occupational therapist finds alternate ways for patients to perform tasks at home, work or school. The Indiana Occupational Therapy Association maintains a list of accredited programs that meet the licensing and certification requirements of the state. Individuals interested in learning about training in Indiana for this career can contact this association with a telephone call or email. Contacting medical facilities to meet with a human resource manager is also a way to learn about this job category.
List of Elite Programs in Indiana
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Psy.D. Clinical Psychology
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Occupational Therapy Certification in Indiana
The state of Indiana regulates health care occupations to protect patients and employers. The Occupational Therapy Committee oversees colleges that offer classes in this career by verifying that instructors meet certain standards. Periodic inspections are completed at schools to see classrooms and laboratories along with examining textbooks to determine if students are receiving the correct information. This health care career requires completion of a master’s degree in occupational therapy with practical experience before taking a statewide examination. Any health care worker in Indiana must have a federal and state background check to get certification.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Indiana
Occupational therapists work in rehabilitation centers, educational institutions and assisted living facilities. Salaries in hospitals and other medical facilities are typically higher than pay scales at schools. The average yearly income for occupational therapists in Indiana is over $83,000 a year, leading to an hourly wage of nearly $40. New occupational therapists earn significantly less than experienced employees but also receive benefits such as medical insurance and vacation days.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Indiana
There are several master’s degree programs in Indiana that lead to becoming an occupational therapist. Before entering a program, students complete classes at the bachelor’s degree level in general coursework such as science, computers and communication. Occupational therapy programs in Indiana are selective with only a small percentage of students accepted. The University of Southern Indiana located in Evansville and the University of Indianapolis offer a degree in this major. Additional colleges that offer a master’s degree are Indiana State University in Terre Haute and Indiana University in Bloomington. A doctorate program in this health care career is offered at Indiana Wesleyan University located in Marion.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Indiana
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Department of Occupational Therapy
|(317) 274-8006||1140 West Michigan Street, Coleman Hall 311|
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5119
|University of Indianapolis|
School of Occupational Therapy
|(317) 788-3457 or (800) 232-8634 x3457||1400 East Hanna Avenue|
Indianapolis, IN 46227-3697
|University of Southern Indiana|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(812) 465-1179||8600 University Boulevard|
Evansville, IN 47712-3534