Many individuals want to work in helpful health care careers with patients who are recovering from injuries that have changed their mobility. An occupational therapist finds alternate ways for patients to perform tasks at home, work or school. The Indiana Occupational Therapy Association maintains a list of accredited programs that meet the licensing and certification requirements of the state. Individuals interested in learning about training in Indiana for this career can contact this association with a telephone call or email. Contacting medical facilities to meet with a human resource manager is also a way to learn about this job category.
List of Elite Programs in Indiana
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Psy.D. Clinical Psychology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Occupational Therapy Certification in Indiana
The state of Indiana regulates health care occupations to protect patients and employers. The Occupational Therapy Committee oversees colleges that offer classes in this career by verifying that instructors meet certain standards. Periodic inspections are completed at schools to see classrooms and laboratories along with examining textbooks to determine if students are receiving the correct information. This health care career requires completion of a master’s degree in occupational therapy with practical experience before taking a statewide examination. Any health care worker in Indiana must have a federal and state background check to get certification.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Indiana
Occupational therapists work in rehabilitation centers, educational institutions and assisted living facilities. Salaries in hospitals and other medical facilities are typically higher than pay scales at schools. The average yearly income for occupational therapists in Indiana is over $83,000 a year, leading to an hourly wage of nearly $40. New occupational therapists earn significantly less than experienced employees but also receive benefits such as medical insurance and vacation days.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Indiana
There are several master’s degree programs in Indiana that lead to becoming an occupational therapist. Before entering a program, students complete classes at the bachelor’s degree level in general coursework such as science, computers and communication. Occupational therapy programs in Indiana are selective with only a small percentage of students accepted. The University of Southern Indiana located in Evansville and the University of Indianapolis offer a degree in this major. Additional colleges that offer a master’s degree are Indiana State University in Terre Haute and Indiana University in Bloomington. A doctorate program in this health care career is offered at Indiana Wesleyan University located in Marion.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Indiana
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Department of Occupational Therapy
|(317) 274-8006||1140 West Michigan Street, Coleman Hall 311|
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5119
|University of Indianapolis|
School of Occupational Therapy
|(317) 788-3457 or (800) 232-8634 x3457||1400 East Hanna Avenue|
Indianapolis, IN 46227-3697
|University of Southern Indiana|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(812) 465-1179||8600 University Boulevard|
Evansville, IN 47712-3534