Many individuals want to work in helpful health care careers with patients who are recovering from injuries that have changed their mobility. An occupational therapist finds alternate ways for patients to perform tasks at home, work or school. The Indiana Occupational Therapy Association maintains a list of accredited programs that meet the licensing and certification requirements of the state. Individuals interested in learning about training in Indiana for this career can contact this association with a telephone call or email. Contacting medical facilities to meet with a human resource manager is also a way to learn about this job category.
List of Elite Programs in Indiana
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- A.S. Occupational Therapy Assistant
- B.S. Addictions Counseling
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Occupational Therapy Certification in Indiana
The state of Indiana regulates health care occupations to protect patients and employers. The Occupational Therapy Committee oversees colleges that offer classes in this career by verifying that instructors meet certain standards. Periodic inspections are completed at schools to see classrooms and laboratories along with examining textbooks to determine if students are receiving the correct information. This health care career requires completion of a master’s degree in occupational therapy with practical experience before taking a statewide examination. Any health care worker in Indiana must have a federal and state background check to get certification.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Indiana
Occupational therapists work in rehabilitation centers, educational institutions and assisted living facilities. Salaries in hospitals and other medical facilities are typically higher than pay scales at schools. The average yearly income for occupational therapists in Indiana is over $83,000 a year, leading to an hourly wage of nearly $40. New occupational therapists earn significantly less than experienced employees but also receive benefits such as medical insurance and vacation days.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Indiana
There are several master’s degree programs in Indiana that lead to becoming an occupational therapist. Before entering a program, students complete classes at the bachelor’s degree level in general coursework such as science, computers and communication. Occupational therapy programs in Indiana are selective with only a small percentage of students accepted. The University of Southern Indiana located in Evansville and the University of Indianapolis offer a degree in this major. Additional colleges that offer a master’s degree are Indiana State University in Terre Haute and Indiana University in Bloomington. A doctorate program in this health care career is offered at Indiana Wesleyan University located in Marion.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Indiana
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Department of Occupational Therapy
|(317) 274-8006||1140 West Michigan Street, Coleman Hall 311|
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5119
|University of Indianapolis|
School of Occupational Therapy
|(317) 788-3457 or (800) 232-8634 x3457||1400 East Hanna Avenue|
Indianapolis, IN 46227-3697
|University of Southern Indiana|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(812) 465-1179||8600 University Boulevard|
Evansville, IN 47712-3534