Many individuals want to work in helpful health care careers with patients who are recovering from injuries that have changed their mobility. An occupational therapist finds alternate ways for patients to perform tasks at home, work or school. The Indiana Occupational Therapy Association maintains a list of accredited programs that meet the licensing and certification requirements of the state. Individuals interested in learning about training in Indiana for this career can contact this association with a telephone call or email. Contacting medical facilities to meet with a human resource manager is also a way to learn about this job category.
List of Elite Programs in Indiana
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- Interested in Changing the Lives of Patients and People with Each New Discussion? Get Educated in the Psychology Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Psychology, Human Services, Social Work Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Indiana
The state of Indiana regulates health care occupations to protect patients and employers. The Occupational Therapy Committee oversees colleges that offer classes in this career by verifying that instructors meet certain standards. Periodic inspections are completed at schools to see classrooms and laboratories along with examining textbooks to determine if students are receiving the correct information. This health care career requires completion of a master’s degree in occupational therapy with practical experience before taking a statewide examination. Any health care worker in Indiana must have a federal and state background check to get certification.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Indiana
Occupational therapists work in rehabilitation centers, educational institutions and assisted living facilities. Salaries in hospitals and other medical facilities are typically higher than pay scales at schools. The average yearly income for occupational therapists in Indiana is over $83,000 a year, leading to an hourly wage of nearly $40. New occupational therapists earn significantly less than experienced employees but also receive benefits such as medical insurance and vacation days.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Indiana
There are several master’s degree programs in Indiana that lead to becoming an occupational therapist. Before entering a program, students complete classes at the bachelor’s degree level in general coursework such as science, computers and communication. Occupational therapy programs in Indiana are selective with only a small percentage of students accepted. The University of Southern Indiana located in Evansville and the University of Indianapolis offer a degree in this major. Additional colleges that offer a master’s degree are Indiana State University in Terre Haute and Indiana University in Bloomington. A doctorate program in this health care career is offered at Indiana Wesleyan University located in Marion.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Indiana
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Department of Occupational Therapy
|(317) 274-8006||1140 West Michigan Street, Coleman Hall 311|
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5119
|University of Indianapolis|
School of Occupational Therapy
|(317) 788-3457 or (800) 232-8634 x3457||1400 East Hanna Avenue|
Indianapolis, IN 46227-3697
|University of Southern Indiana|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(812) 465-1179||8600 University Boulevard|
Evansville, IN 47712-3534