Idaho State University, which is located in Pocatello, is the only school in Idaho that offers an occupational therapy program. Upon graduation, students will hold a Master of Occupational Therapy degree.
List of Elite Programs in Idaho
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
To lawfully practice as an occupational therapist in the state of Idaho one must be licensed in the state and certified nationally. In order to receive an occupational therapy national certification, an applicant must pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam. To receive a license to practice occupational therapy in Idaho, applicants must first have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited school. They must also have a minimum of six months work experience. Graduates must then pass both the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam as well as a background check. In order to maintain and renew an occupational therapy license in the state of Idaho, licensed occupational therapists must complete 2 continuing education units within each two-year period and 10 professional development units.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Idaho
Throughout the state of Idaho, the average annual salary of occupational therapists is $57,000, which is about 34 percent below the national average. However, depending on where in the state an occupational therapist is working, that average annual salary may change. For example, in Boise, Idaho, the average annual salary for a full-time occupational therapist is closer to $67,000.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Idaho
The Occupational Therapy program at Idaho State University offers a couple different options for students. Students can first receive a a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. The other opportunity this school offers to students is Combined Bachelor to Master Program. This route allows students to receive their bachelor’s degree and their prerequisites for the Master of Occupational Therapy program at the same time. This path allows students to complete the Master of Occupational Therapy program in two years, not including their undergraduate work. No matter which route you take, Idaho State University has small classes, focuses on science, and has an excellent selection for clinical studies and hands-on participation in research. The Master of Occupational Therapy program offered at Idaho State University prepares students to take the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam and to enter the working world as a knowledgeable occupational therapist.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Idaho
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Idaho State University|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(800) 797-4781||Campus Box 8045|
Pocatello, ID 83209-8045