Idaho State University, which is located in Pocatello, is the only school in Idaho that offers an occupational therapy program. Upon graduation, students will hold a Master of Occupational Therapy degree.
List of Elite Programs in Idaho
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Founded in 1949 as a private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- Provides Student Success Webinars where tutors provide tips and tricks to help make college a little easier.
- Offers programs in business, psychology, theology, engineering, communications, and more.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Community Mental Health Administration
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
To lawfully practice as an occupational therapist in the state of Idaho one must be licensed in the state and certified nationally. In order to receive an occupational therapy national certification, an applicant must pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam. To receive a license to practice occupational therapy in Idaho, applicants must first have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited school. They must also have a minimum of six months work experience. Graduates must then pass both the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam as well as a background check. In order to maintain and renew an occupational therapy license in the state of Idaho, licensed occupational therapists must complete 2 continuing education units within each two-year period and 10 professional development units.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Idaho
Throughout the state of Idaho, the average annual salary of occupational therapists is $57,000, which is about 34 percent below the national average. However, depending on where in the state an occupational therapist is working, that average annual salary may change. For example, in Boise, Idaho, the average annual salary for a full-time occupational therapist is closer to $67,000.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Idaho
The Occupational Therapy program at Idaho State University offers a couple different options for students. Students can first receive a a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. The other opportunity this school offers to students is Combined Bachelor to Master Program. This route allows students to receive their bachelor’s degree and their prerequisites for the Master of Occupational Therapy program at the same time. This path allows students to complete the Master of Occupational Therapy program in two years, not including their undergraduate work. No matter which route you take, Idaho State University has small classes, focuses on science, and has an excellent selection for clinical studies and hands-on participation in research. The Master of Occupational Therapy program offered at Idaho State University prepares students to take the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam and to enter the working world as a knowledgeable occupational therapist.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Idaho
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Idaho State University|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(800) 797-4781||Campus Box 8045|
Pocatello, ID 83209-8045