Idaho State University, which is located in Pocatello, is the only school in Idaho that offers an occupational therapy program. Upon graduation, students will hold a Master of Occupational Therapy degree.
List of Elite Programs in Idaho
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
To lawfully practice as an occupational therapist in the state of Idaho one must be licensed in the state and certified nationally. In order to receive an occupational therapy national certification, an applicant must pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam. To receive a license to practice occupational therapy in Idaho, applicants must first have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited school. They must also have a minimum of six months work experience. Graduates must then pass both the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam as well as a background check. In order to maintain and renew an occupational therapy license in the state of Idaho, licensed occupational therapists must complete 2 continuing education units within each two-year period and 10 professional development units.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Idaho
Throughout the state of Idaho, the average annual salary of occupational therapists is $57,000, which is about 34 percent below the national average. However, depending on where in the state an occupational therapist is working, that average annual salary may change. For example, in Boise, Idaho, the average annual salary for a full-time occupational therapist is closer to $67,000.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Idaho
The Occupational Therapy program at Idaho State University offers a couple different options for students. Students can first receive a a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. The other opportunity this school offers to students is Combined Bachelor to Master Program. This route allows students to receive their bachelor’s degree and their prerequisites for the Master of Occupational Therapy program at the same time. This path allows students to complete the Master of Occupational Therapy program in two years, not including their undergraduate work. No matter which route you take, Idaho State University has small classes, focuses on science, and has an excellent selection for clinical studies and hands-on participation in research. The Master of Occupational Therapy program offered at Idaho State University prepares students to take the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam and to enter the working world as a knowledgeable occupational therapist.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Idaho
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Idaho State University|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(800) 797-4781||Campus Box 8045|
Pocatello, ID 83209-8045