Idaho State University, which is located in Pocatello, is the only school in Idaho that offers an occupational therapy program. Upon graduation, students will hold a Master of Occupational Therapy degree.
List of Elite Programs in Idaho
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Psychology Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Psychology, Counseling Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
To lawfully practice as an occupational therapist in the state of Idaho one must be licensed in the state and certified nationally. In order to receive an occupational therapy national certification, an applicant must pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam. To receive a license to practice occupational therapy in Idaho, applicants must first have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited school. They must also have a minimum of six months work experience. Graduates must then pass both the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam as well as a background check. In order to maintain and renew an occupational therapy license in the state of Idaho, licensed occupational therapists must complete 2 continuing education units within each two-year period and 10 professional development units.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Idaho
Throughout the state of Idaho, the average annual salary of occupational therapists is $57,000, which is about 34 percent below the national average. However, depending on where in the state an occupational therapist is working, that average annual salary may change. For example, in Boise, Idaho, the average annual salary for a full-time occupational therapist is closer to $67,000.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Idaho
The Occupational Therapy program at Idaho State University offers a couple different options for students. Students can first receive a a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. The other opportunity this school offers to students is Combined Bachelor to Master Program. This route allows students to receive their bachelor’s degree and their prerequisites for the Master of Occupational Therapy program at the same time. This path allows students to complete the Master of Occupational Therapy program in two years, not including their undergraduate work. No matter which route you take, Idaho State University has small classes, focuses on science, and has an excellent selection for clinical studies and hands-on participation in research. The Master of Occupational Therapy program offered at Idaho State University prepares students to take the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam and to enter the working world as a knowledgeable occupational therapist.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Idaho
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Idaho State University|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(800) 797-4781||Campus Box 8045|
Pocatello, ID 83209-8045