Idaho State University, which is located in Pocatello, is the only school in Idaho that offers an occupational therapy program. Upon graduation, students will hold a Master of Occupational Therapy degree.
List of Elite Programs in Idaho
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
To lawfully practice as an occupational therapist in the state of Idaho one must be licensed in the state and certified nationally. In order to receive an occupational therapy national certification, an applicant must pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam. To receive a license to practice occupational therapy in Idaho, applicants must first have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited school. They must also have a minimum of six months work experience. Graduates must then pass both the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam as well as a background check. In order to maintain and renew an occupational therapy license in the state of Idaho, licensed occupational therapists must complete 2 continuing education units within each two-year period and 10 professional development units.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Idaho
Throughout the state of Idaho, the average annual salary of occupational therapists is $57,000, which is about 34 percent below the national average. However, depending on where in the state an occupational therapist is working, that average annual salary may change. For example, in Boise, Idaho, the average annual salary for a full-time occupational therapist is closer to $67,000.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Idaho
The Occupational Therapy program at Idaho State University offers a couple different options for students. Students can first receive a a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. The other opportunity this school offers to students is Combined Bachelor to Master Program. This route allows students to receive their bachelor’s degree and their prerequisites for the Master of Occupational Therapy program at the same time. This path allows students to complete the Master of Occupational Therapy program in two years, not including their undergraduate work. No matter which route you take, Idaho State University has small classes, focuses on science, and has an excellent selection for clinical studies and hands-on participation in research. The Master of Occupational Therapy program offered at Idaho State University prepares students to take the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam and to enter the working world as a knowledgeable occupational therapist.
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Idaho
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Idaho State University|
Occupational Therapy Program
|(800) 797-4781||Campus Box 8045|
Pocatello, ID 83209-8045