Texas Woman’s University offers a Master of Occupational Therapy curriculum at the school’s Houston campus. The occupational therapy classes require 28 months of full-time enrollment to complete. The curriculum includes neuroscience, evaluation processes and occupational assessment. Students will learn through traditional classes and through clinical work that involves patient interaction. All of the required courses must be completed before an occupational therapist can obtain a certification from the state of Texas.
List of Elite Programs in Houston
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
An occupational therapist must obtain a license from the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners. To apply for licensure, an occupational therapist must submit an application and pay application fees. An open book exam covering the regulations of practicing occupational therapy in Texas must be passed, as well as a national examination. After an applicant has successfully completed both exams and the application has been approved, the occupational therapist license is granted. This certification allows the occupational therapist to legally work in the state of Texas and must be renewed upon expiration.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Houston
Becoming an occupational therapist can be lucrative. The Bureau of Labor Statistics cited the annual salary for an occupational therapist in Texas as $86,550 recently. An individual occupational therapist’s salary may vary due to differences in employers or work schedules. Employers such as hospitals or clinics often offer salary incentives for occupational therapists who are willing to work evenings, weekends or holidays. Clinics with particularly high workloads may also offer extra pay.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Houston
Texas Woman’s University currently offers the only fully accredited Master of Occupational Therapy program in Houston. The program maintains an accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. As part of the curriculum, students are expected to complete fieldwork assignments that provide the opportunity for learning in a clinical environment. At least one of these fieldwork assignments will be completed outside of the Houston area. Other clinical sites in other cities or states are also often available for students who want to gain experience in many settings.