Texas Woman’s University offers a Master of Occupational Therapy curriculum at the school’s Houston campus. The occupational therapy classes require 28 months of full-time enrollment to complete. The curriculum includes neuroscience, evaluation processes and occupational assessment. Students will learn through traditional classes and through clinical work that involves patient interaction. All of the required courses must be completed before an occupational therapist can obtain a certification from the state of Texas.
List of Elite Programs in Houston
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
An occupational therapist must obtain a license from the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners. To apply for licensure, an occupational therapist must submit an application and pay application fees. An open book exam covering the regulations of practicing occupational therapy in Texas must be passed, as well as a national examination. After an applicant has successfully completed both exams and the application has been approved, the occupational therapist license is granted. This certification allows the occupational therapist to legally work in the state of Texas and must be renewed upon expiration.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Houston
Becoming an occupational therapist can be lucrative. The Bureau of Labor Statistics cited the annual salary for an occupational therapist in Texas as $86,550 recently. An individual occupational therapist’s salary may vary due to differences in employers or work schedules. Employers such as hospitals or clinics often offer salary incentives for occupational therapists who are willing to work evenings, weekends or holidays. Clinics with particularly high workloads may also offer extra pay.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Houston
Texas Woman’s University currently offers the only fully accredited Master of Occupational Therapy program in Houston. The program maintains an accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. As part of the curriculum, students are expected to complete fieldwork assignments that provide the opportunity for learning in a clinical environment. At least one of these fieldwork assignments will be completed outside of the Houston area. Other clinical sites in other cities or states are also often available for students who want to gain experience in many settings.