Texas Woman’s University offers a Master of Occupational Therapy curriculum at the school’s Houston campus. The occupational therapy classes require 28 months of full-time enrollment to complete. The curriculum includes neuroscience, evaluation processes and occupational assessment. Students will learn through traditional classes and through clinical work that involves patient interaction. All of the required courses must be completed before an occupational therapist can obtain a certification from the state of Texas.
List of Elite Programs in Houston
- Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Emphases: General Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced
- Study human behavior and thought
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Experience world-class education online: Purdue Global offers 180 programs at associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels
- Courses taught by highly respected faculty members who are experts in their fields
- Competency-based ExcelTrack™ Programs may allow you to earn your degree faster and for less money
- Full range of student services: individual educational advising, hands-on learning through interactive online classroom, no-cost tutoring in math, science and writing
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
An occupational therapist must obtain a license from the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners. To apply for licensure, an occupational therapist must submit an application and pay application fees. An open book exam covering the regulations of practicing occupational therapy in Texas must be passed, as well as a national examination. After an applicant has successfully completed both exams and the application has been approved, the occupational therapist license is granted. This certification allows the occupational therapist to legally work in the state of Texas and must be renewed upon expiration.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Houston
Becoming an occupational therapist can be lucrative. The Bureau of Labor Statistics cited the annual salary for an occupational therapist in Texas as $86,550 recently. An individual occupational therapist’s salary may vary due to differences in employers or work schedules. Employers such as hospitals or clinics often offer salary incentives for occupational therapists who are willing to work evenings, weekends or holidays. Clinics with particularly high workloads may also offer extra pay.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Houston
Texas Woman’s University currently offers the only fully accredited Master of Occupational Therapy program in Houston. The program maintains an accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. As part of the curriculum, students are expected to complete fieldwork assignments that provide the opportunity for learning in a clinical environment. At least one of these fieldwork assignments will be completed outside of the Houston area. Other clinical sites in other cities or states are also often available for students who want to gain experience in many settings.