As many career experts know, selecting an occupation almost always plays an integral role in determining an individual’s level of general well-being, socioeconomic mobility, and productivity. In recognizing the importance of making prudent decisions with respect to one’s career, Georgia residents who have decided to work in the occupational therapy sector should learn as much as possible regarding how to become an occupational therapist. There are several factors you’ll need to take into consideration, including educational opportunities, salary expectations, and certification requirements. To gain basic insights regarding the aforementioned subjects, consider this brief overview:
List of Elite Programs in Georgia
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Pursue a Rewarding Career in a Field That Helps Individuals Better Their Lives With a Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Degree Emphases: General Psychology, Performance & Sport Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more.
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced through class discussions and a capstone project.
- Prepare for a variety of career opportunities while studying human behavior and thought through GCU's psychology programs.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn a psychology degree.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Once you begin the process of selecting the ideal occupational therapy school, remember to check and see whether that learning institution is accredited. After you have verified that the Georgia-based learning institution is indeed accredited, do your background research regarding details such as how much attendance costs, the duration of the educational program, and the school’s general reputation. Be sure to compare and contrast the course offerings and training programs of several institutions so you can make an informed decision regarding which occupational therapy program will be most advantageous for you to enroll in.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Georgia
In the world of occupational therapy, certification and licensure is of immense importance. Without it, you cannot legally work within the state of Georgia. Since this is the case, you should take the time to familiarize yourself with Georgia’s rules and regulations to ensure that you’re in compliance with the law. To attain your license, you need to successfully complete an accredited occupational therapist program. Once you have done so, you need to pass the exam approved by the state. After meeting these requirements, the Georgia Board of Occupational Therapy will license you.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Georgia
An occupational therapist who works in the state of Georgia can expect to bring in $99,000. If you opt to become an occupational therapy assistant, note that you will typically earn $68,000 each year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Georgia
There are several occupational therapy colleges you can attend within the state of Georgia. Some of them include:
- Andrew College
- Augusta Technical College
- Brenau University
- Chattahoochee Technical College
- Darton State College
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College
- Georgia Regents University
- Middle Georgia State College
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Georgia
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
School of Occupational Therapy
|(678) 707-5001||500 Washington Street, S.E.|
Gainesville, GA 30501
|Brenau University, North Atlanta-Norcross Campus|
School of Occupational Therapy
|770-446-2900||3139 Campus Drive Ste. 300|
Norcross, GA 30071
|Georgia Health Sciences University|
Department of Occupational Therapy
College of Allied Health Sciences
|(706) 721-2725||987 St. Sebastian Way, EC-2304A|
Augusta, GA 30912-0700