As many career experts know, selecting an occupation almost always plays an integral role in determining an individual’s level of general well-being, socioeconomic mobility, and productivity. In recognizing the importance of making prudent decisions with respect to one’s career, Georgia residents who have decided to work in the occupational therapy sector should learn as much as possible regarding how to become an occupational therapist. There are several factors you’ll need to take into consideration, including educational opportunities, salary expectations, and certification requirements. To gain basic insights regarding the aforementioned subjects, consider this brief overview:
List of Elite Programs in Georgia
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Available programs include a B.A. in Psychology and an M.A. in Clinical Mental Health & Counseling.
- Courses allow students to explore general psychology and behavioral health, as well as several experimental & research concentrations.
- Psychology programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Once you begin the process of selecting the ideal occupational therapy school, remember to check and see whether that learning institution is accredited. After you have verified that the Georgia-based learning institution is indeed accredited, do your background research regarding details such as how much attendance costs, the duration of the educational program, and the school’s general reputation. Be sure to compare and contrast the course offerings and training programs of several institutions so you can make an informed decision regarding which occupational therapy program will be most advantageous for you to enroll in.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Georgia
In the world of occupational therapy, certification and licensure is of immense importance. Without it, you cannot legally work within the state of Georgia. Since this is the case, you should take the time to familiarize yourself with Georgia’s rules and regulations to ensure that you’re in compliance with the law. To attain your license, you need to successfully complete an accredited occupational therapist program. Once you have done so, you need to pass the exam approved by the state. After meeting these requirements, the Georgia Board of Occupational Therapy will license you.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Georgia
An occupational therapist who works in the state of Georgia can expect to bring in $99,000. If you opt to become an occupational therapy assistant, note that you will typically earn $68,000 each year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Georgia
There are several occupational therapy colleges you can attend within the state of Georgia. Some of them include:
- Andrew College
- Augusta Technical College
- Brenau University
- Chattahoochee Technical College
- Darton State College
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College
- Georgia Regents University
- Middle Georgia State College
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Georgia
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
School of Occupational Therapy
|(678) 707-5001||500 Washington Street, S.E.|
Gainesville, GA 30501
|Brenau University, North Atlanta-Norcross Campus|
School of Occupational Therapy
|770-446-2900||3139 Campus Drive Ste. 300|
Norcross, GA 30071
|Georgia Health Sciences University|
Department of Occupational Therapy
College of Allied Health Sciences
|(706) 721-2725||987 St. Sebastian Way, EC-2304A|
Augusta, GA 30912-0700