As many career experts know, selecting an occupation almost always plays an integral role in determining an individual’s level of general well-being, socioeconomic mobility, and productivity. In recognizing the importance of making prudent decisions with respect to one’s career, Georgia residents who have decided to work in the occupational therapy sector should learn as much as possible regarding how to become an occupational therapist. There are several factors you’ll need to take into consideration, including educational opportunities, salary expectations, and certification requirements. To gain basic insights regarding the aforementioned subjects, consider this brief overview:
List of Elite Programs in Georgia
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Accredited LPN Schools Here
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus LPN Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Program Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Once you begin the process of selecting the ideal occupational therapy school, remember to check and see whether that learning institution is accredited. After you have verified that the Georgia-based learning institution is indeed accredited, do your background research regarding details such as how much attendance costs, the duration of the educational program, and the school’s general reputation. Be sure to compare and contrast the course offerings and training programs of several institutions so you can make an informed decision regarding which occupational therapy program will be most advantageous for you to enroll in.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Georgia
In the world of occupational therapy, certification and licensure is of immense importance. Without it, you cannot legally work within the state of Georgia. Since this is the case, you should take the time to familiarize yourself with Georgia’s rules and regulations to ensure that you’re in compliance with the law. To attain your license, you need to successfully complete an accredited occupational therapist program. Once you have done so, you need to pass the exam approved by the state. After meeting these requirements, the Georgia Board of Occupational Therapy will license you.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Georgia
An occupational therapist who works in the state of Georgia can expect to bring in $99,000. If you opt to become an occupational therapy assistant, note that you will typically earn $68,000 each year.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Georgia
There are several occupational therapy colleges you can attend within the state of Georgia. Some of them include:
- Andrew College
- Augusta Technical College
- Brenau University
- Chattahoochee Technical College
- Darton State College
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College
- Georgia Regents University
- Middle Georgia State College
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Georgia
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
School of Occupational Therapy
|(678) 707-5001||500 Washington Street, S.E.|
Gainesville, GA 30501
|Brenau University, North Atlanta-Norcross Campus|
School of Occupational Therapy
|770-446-2900||3139 Campus Drive Ste. 300|
Norcross, GA 30071
|Georgia Health Sciences University|
Department of Occupational Therapy
College of Allied Health Sciences
|(706) 721-2725||987 St. Sebastian Way, EC-2304A|
Augusta, GA 30912-0700