Through everyday activities, occupational therapists help people participate in things they want and need. An example would be helping disabled children, or adults, participate more fully in school or social situations. Therapy can help people recover from injuries and regain needed skills. Occupational therapy is especially helpful for older adults working through injuries and disabilities.
List of Elite Programs in Fresno
- Pursue a Rewarding Career in a Field That Helps Individuals Better Their Lives With a Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Degree Emphases: General Psychology, Performance & Sport Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more.
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced through class discussions and a capstone project.
- Prepare for a variety of career opportunities while studying human behavior and thought through GCU's psychology programs.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn a psychology degree.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Accredited schools offering occupational therapy classes in Fresno, California include:
- CBD College – At CBD College, students can train for a career as an occupational therapist, or take coursework in other programs like surgical technology, physical therapy, or vocational nursing. Each program prepares with the basic skills and training for entry-level employment.
- Liberty University – At Liberty University, students can pursue a certificate in occupational therapy, or advance all the way to a doctorate level. Students get the training and can develop the skills they need to succeed in the healthcare industry.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Fresno, California
For employment in California, occupational therapists will need to have graduated from an accredited school offering the required programs and class hours. In California, the certification process is governed by the Board of Occupational Therapy. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and be able to provide photo identification and a proof of a social security number. A federal background check is required along with a passing grade on the NBCOT exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Fresno, California
According to CareerOneStop, the employment outlook for occupational therapist and assistants looks promising. In 2013, occupational therapists in California earned between $62,000 and $110,000 yearly. What an individual may earn in the profession is likely a result of education, experience, hard work and the local economy.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Fresno, California
While occupational therapy programs may differ by school and location, coursework may include activity group process, analysis of human, anatomy, medical terminology, cognitive evaluation and prevention, and disability. Some occupational therapists enjoy working at the patient level, while others go on to pursue their master’s or doctorate.
Occupational therapy is a great career pursuit if you like the thought of working in a professional medical environment and helping patients’ discover a better quality of life.