Through everyday activities, occupational therapists help people participate in things they want and need. An example would be helping disabled children, or adults, participate more fully in school or social situations. Therapy can help people recover from injuries and regain needed skills. Occupational therapy is especially helpful for older adults working through injuries and disabilities.
List of Elite Programs in Fresno
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- Occupational Therapy Aide
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Substance Abuse
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
- Alcohol & Drug Counseling Studies
- Online Alcohol & Drug Counseling Studies
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MSEd: Mental Health Counseling
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Accredited schools offering occupational therapy classes in Fresno, California include:
- CBD College – At CBD College, students can train for a career as an occupational therapist, or take coursework in other programs like surgical technology, physical therapy, or vocational nursing. Each program prepares with the basic skills and training for entry-level employment.
- Liberty University – At Liberty University, students can pursue a certificate in occupational therapy, or advance all the way to a doctorate level. Students get the training and can develop the skills they need to succeed in the healthcare industry.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Fresno, California
For employment in California, occupational therapists will need to have graduated from an accredited school offering the required programs and class hours. In California, the certification process is governed by the Board of Occupational Therapy. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and be able to provide photo identification and a proof of a social security number. A federal background check is required along with a passing grade on the NBCOT exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Fresno, California
According to CareerOneStop, the employment outlook for occupational therapist and assistants looks promising. In 2013, occupational therapists in California earned between $62,000 and $110,000 yearly. What an individual may earn in the profession is likely a result of education, experience, hard work and the local economy.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Fresno, California
While occupational therapy programs may differ by school and location, coursework may include activity group process, analysis of human, anatomy, medical terminology, cognitive evaluation and prevention, and disability. Some occupational therapists enjoy working at the patient level, while others go on to pursue their master’s or doctorate.
Occupational therapy is a great career pursuit if you like the thought of working in a professional medical environment and helping patients’ discover a better quality of life.