Through everyday activities, occupational therapists help people participate in things they want and need. An example would be helping disabled children, or adults, participate more fully in school or social situations. Therapy can help people recover from injuries and regain needed skills. Occupational therapy is especially helpful for older adults working through injuries and disabilities.
List of Elite Programs in Fresno
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Accredited schools offering occupational therapy classes in Fresno, California include:
- CBD College – At CBD College, students can train for a career as an occupational therapist, or take coursework in other programs like surgical technology, physical therapy, or vocational nursing. Each program prepares with the basic skills and training for entry-level employment.
- Liberty University – At Liberty University, students can pursue a certificate in occupational therapy, or advance all the way to a doctorate level. Students get the training and can develop the skills they need to succeed in the healthcare industry.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Fresno, California
For employment in California, occupational therapists will need to have graduated from an accredited school offering the required programs and class hours. In California, the certification process is governed by the Board of Occupational Therapy. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and be able to provide photo identification and a proof of a social security number. A federal background check is required along with a passing grade on the NBCOT exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Fresno, California
According to CareerOneStop, the employment outlook for occupational therapist and assistants looks promising. In 2013, occupational therapists in California earned between $62,000 and $110,000 yearly. What an individual may earn in the profession is likely a result of education, experience, hard work and the local economy.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Fresno, California
While occupational therapy programs may differ by school and location, coursework may include activity group process, analysis of human, anatomy, medical terminology, cognitive evaluation and prevention, and disability. Some occupational therapists enjoy working at the patient level, while others go on to pursue their master’s or doctorate.
Occupational therapy is a great career pursuit if you like the thought of working in a professional medical environment and helping patients’ discover a better quality of life.