Through everyday activities, occupational therapists help people participate in things they want and need. An example would be helping disabled children, or adults, participate more fully in school or social situations. Therapy can help people recover from injuries and regain needed skills. Occupational therapy is especially helpful for older adults working through injuries and disabilities.
List of Elite Programs in Fresno
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Understand the Human Experience with a Psychology Degree from Saint Leo University!
- Whether you're interested in general psychology or clinical practices, earn your Psychology degree from one of the top-ranked Universities in Florida!
- Receive an Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any of our multiple Psychology programs from Saint Leo University!
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Psychology degree today!
- BA: Psychology - Clinical/Counseling
Accredited schools offering occupational therapy classes in Fresno, California include:
- CBD College – At CBD College, students can train for a career as an occupational therapist, or take coursework in other programs like surgical technology, physical therapy, or vocational nursing. Each program prepares with the basic skills and training for entry-level employment.
- Liberty University – At Liberty University, students can pursue a certificate in occupational therapy, or advance all the way to a doctorate level. Students get the training and can develop the skills they need to succeed in the healthcare industry.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Fresno, California
For employment in California, occupational therapists will need to have graduated from an accredited school offering the required programs and class hours. In California, the certification process is governed by the Board of Occupational Therapy. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and be able to provide photo identification and a proof of a social security number. A federal background check is required along with a passing grade on the NBCOT exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Fresno, California
According to CareerOneStop, the employment outlook for occupational therapist and assistants looks promising. In 2013, occupational therapists in California earned between $62,000 and $110,000 yearly. What an individual may earn in the profession is likely a result of education, experience, hard work and the local economy.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Fresno, California
While occupational therapy programs may differ by school and location, coursework may include activity group process, analysis of human, anatomy, medical terminology, cognitive evaluation and prevention, and disability. Some occupational therapists enjoy working at the patient level, while others go on to pursue their master’s or doctorate.
Occupational therapy is a great career pursuit if you like the thought of working in a professional medical environment and helping patients’ discover a better quality of life.