Through everyday activities, occupational therapists help people participate in things they want and need. An example would be helping disabled children, or adults, participate more fully in school or social situations. Therapy can help people recover from injuries and regain needed skills. Occupational therapy is especially helpful for older adults working through injuries and disabilities.
List of Elite Programs in Fresno
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Accredited schools offering occupational therapy classes in Fresno, California include:
- CBD College – At CBD College, students can train for a career as an occupational therapist, or take coursework in other programs like surgical technology, physical therapy, or vocational nursing. Each program prepares with the basic skills and training for entry-level employment.
- Liberty University – At Liberty University, students can pursue a certificate in occupational therapy, or advance all the way to a doctorate level. Students get the training and can develop the skills they need to succeed in the healthcare industry.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Fresno, California
For employment in California, occupational therapists will need to have graduated from an accredited school offering the required programs and class hours. In California, the certification process is governed by the Board of Occupational Therapy. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and be able to provide photo identification and a proof of a social security number. A federal background check is required along with a passing grade on the NBCOT exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Fresno, California
According to CareerOneStop, the employment outlook for occupational therapist and assistants looks promising. In 2013, occupational therapists in California earned between $62,000 and $110,000 yearly. What an individual may earn in the profession is likely a result of education, experience, hard work and the local economy.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Fresno, California
While occupational therapy programs may differ by school and location, coursework may include activity group process, analysis of human, anatomy, medical terminology, cognitive evaluation and prevention, and disability. Some occupational therapists enjoy working at the patient level, while others go on to pursue their master’s or doctorate.
Occupational therapy is a great career pursuit if you like the thought of working in a professional medical environment and helping patients’ discover a better quality of life.