If you want a career that allows you to help people, you might want to think about becoming an occupational therapist. In order to become one, though, you’ll have to get an education. There are many degree programs out there to choose from, so you should be able to go to school while still staying in Texas.
List of Elite Programs in Fort Worth,TX
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Fort Worth, Texas
No matter what type of career you want, you should make sure that both your school and program of study are accredited; otherwise, you may have a hard time finding a job. Regionally accredited schools in the Fort Worth area should be recognized by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Good occupational therapy programs should be accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education.
Getting a degree isn’t the only thing that you’ll have to do in order to become an occupational therapist. You’ll also have to pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, or NBCOT, examination. Passing the Jurisprudence, or JP, exam is also required. Once you pass both of these tests, you can apply for an occupational therapy license from the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Fort Worth, Texas
The average hourly wage for occupational therapists in Fort Worth, Texas is $39.58. This means that the average professional in this line of work makes $82,330 per year. Nine out of ten workers make more than $56,140 per year, and some even earn six-figure salaries.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Fort Worth, Texas
There are quite a few colleges that you can go to if you live in Texas, but there aren’t currently any occupational therapy schools within the city limits. One of the closest schools available to students in the Fort Worth area is the Brown Mackie College in Bedford. Located about 20 minutes away from the heart of Fort Worth, the school offers associate’s degrees in occupational therapy.
Becoming an occupational therapist is a great thing to do if you love helping people and want to work in the health care industry. After you get your degree from an accredited college or university, pass the necessary tests and obtain your occupational therapy license, you’ll be prepared to succeed in your new career.