If you want a career that allows you to help people, you might want to think about becoming an occupational therapist. In order to become one, though, you’ll have to get an education. There are many degree programs out there to choose from, so you should be able to go to school while still staying in Texas.
List of Elite Programs in Fort Worth,TX
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Fort Worth, Texas
No matter what type of career you want, you should make sure that both your school and program of study are accredited; otherwise, you may have a hard time finding a job. Regionally accredited schools in the Fort Worth area should be recognized by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Good occupational therapy programs should be accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education.
Getting a degree isn’t the only thing that you’ll have to do in order to become an occupational therapist. You’ll also have to pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, or NBCOT, examination. Passing the Jurisprudence, or JP, exam is also required. Once you pass both of these tests, you can apply for an occupational therapy license from the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Fort Worth, Texas
The average hourly wage for occupational therapists in Fort Worth, Texas is $39.58. This means that the average professional in this line of work makes $82,330 per year. Nine out of ten workers make more than $56,140 per year, and some even earn six-figure salaries.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Fort Worth, Texas
There are quite a few colleges that you can go to if you live in Texas, but there aren’t currently any occupational therapy schools within the city limits. One of the closest schools available to students in the Fort Worth area is the Brown Mackie College in Bedford. Located about 20 minutes away from the heart of Fort Worth, the school offers associate’s degrees in occupational therapy.
Becoming an occupational therapist is a great thing to do if you love helping people and want to work in the health care industry. After you get your degree from an accredited college or university, pass the necessary tests and obtain your occupational therapy license, you’ll be prepared to succeed in your new career.