If you want a career that allows you to help people, you might want to think about becoming an occupational therapist. In order to become one, though, you’ll have to get an education. There are many degree programs out there to choose from, so you should be able to go to school while still staying in Texas.
List of Elite Programs in Fort Worth,TX
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Fort Worth, Texas
No matter what type of career you want, you should make sure that both your school and program of study are accredited; otherwise, you may have a hard time finding a job. Regionally accredited schools in the Fort Worth area should be recognized by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Good occupational therapy programs should be accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education.
Getting a degree isn’t the only thing that you’ll have to do in order to become an occupational therapist. You’ll also have to pass the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, or NBCOT, examination. Passing the Jurisprudence, or JP, exam is also required. Once you pass both of these tests, you can apply for an occupational therapy license from the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Fort Worth, Texas
The average hourly wage for occupational therapists in Fort Worth, Texas is $39.58. This means that the average professional in this line of work makes $82,330 per year. Nine out of ten workers make more than $56,140 per year, and some even earn six-figure salaries.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Fort Worth, Texas
There are quite a few colleges that you can go to if you live in Texas, but there aren’t currently any occupational therapy schools within the city limits. One of the closest schools available to students in the Fort Worth area is the Brown Mackie College in Bedford. Located about 20 minutes away from the heart of Fort Worth, the school offers associate’s degrees in occupational therapy.
Becoming an occupational therapist is a great thing to do if you love helping people and want to work in the health care industry. After you get your degree from an accredited college or university, pass the necessary tests and obtain your occupational therapy license, you’ll be prepared to succeed in your new career.