Medical careers thrive during hard economic times and good times. Certainly, good medical professionals are required to fill the openings. One medical field with a lot of potential is the Occupational Therapist field. Occupational Therapist are a very vital part of the medical team in the hospital, clinics, a medical office, or other medical facility. They work closely with patients that have mobility problems. Of course, this career requires hard work, study, and education. Let’s take a closer look at this medical career.
List of Elite Programs in El Paso,TX
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in El Paso, TX
Certainly, it requires training, education, and experience to enter this field. However, entry level positions only require attending schools to get the proper education. Often, a masters or bachelors degree is required for entry level positions. Certainly, classes at an accredited facility is the first step to gaining entry into this occupational field. Attend Occupational Therapy classes online or in the local community in El Paso, TX to get started.
It is important to note that all states have their requirements to enter this field. All those thinking about working in the career must pass a national examination that is supplied by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. In order to take the exam, the candidate must have a bachelors or masters. Many candidates decide to take a certification test. This acknowledges their advanced experience in the field and leads to higher positions.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in El Paso, TX
First let’s take a look at the national average salary for someone in this occupation. According to recent statistics, the average salary for the candidate in this position is $75,400. The average salary in El Paso, TX is a bit lower than the national average. The average salary in this region is $67, 739. Certainly, other factors weigh heavily in the salary market. For example, education and the facility.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in El Paso, TX
Fortunately, there are a several good places to learn in the region. We list a few of the best here.
- The University of Texas at El Paso
- Western Technical College Diana
- El Paso Community College