Occupational therapists are valued professionals in the health care community. With the help of occupational therapy, disabled children and adults receive help to participate in activities they want and need. Occupational therapy can also help people recover from injuries and regain needed skills.
List of Elite Programs in Detroit,MI
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Detroit, Michigan
Accredited schools offering occupational therapy classes in Detroit, Michigan include:
- Macomb Community College – Students benefit from lecture courses and supervised, clinical work in the field. Students explore occupational therapy applications, clinical protocols and assessment and screening tools. The program prepares students to take the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) certification exam.
- Schoolcraft College – Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) program coursework includes human life span development, occupational therapy principles, patient education and intervention, and principles and practice skills.
For employment in Michigan, occupational therapists must show proof of having graduated from an accredited program and logged the required classroom hours. Applicants must show proof of U.S. citizenship, provide photo identification and have a valid Social Security number. A federal background check is an additional requirement, along with a passing grade on the NBCOT exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Detroit, Michigan
According to CareerOneStop, occupational therapist salaries in Michigan ranged from a low of $45,000 to a high of $109,000 in 2013. Salary levels are likely the result of local economic conditions, an individual’s work ethic, experience, training and level of education. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, nationwide employment for occupational therapists is expected to grow by 29 percent from 2012 through 2022, which is faster than the average for all occupations. Continuing education can help occupational therapists advance their career.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Detroit, Michigan
Occupational therapy programs may differ by the level of the program, location, and school. However, programs typically address medical terminology, human anatomy, activity group processes, cognitive evaluation, and disability. Occupational therapy can be a rewarding career for those who enjoy working in a professional environment and helping others maintain a better qualify of life.