Occupational therapists are valued professionals in the health care community. With the help of occupational therapy, disabled children and adults receive help to participate in activities they want and need. Occupational therapy can also help people recover from injuries and regain needed skills.
List of Elite Programs in Detroit,MI
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Available programs include a B.A. in Psychology and an M.A. in Clinical Mental Health & Counseling.
- Courses allow students to explore general psychology and behavioral health, as well as several experimental & research concentrations.
- Psychology programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Detroit, Michigan
Accredited schools offering occupational therapy classes in Detroit, Michigan include:
- Macomb Community College – Students benefit from lecture courses and supervised, clinical work in the field. Students explore occupational therapy applications, clinical protocols and assessment and screening tools. The program prepares students to take the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) certification exam.
- Schoolcraft College – Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) program coursework includes human life span development, occupational therapy principles, patient education and intervention, and principles and practice skills.
For employment in Michigan, occupational therapists must show proof of having graduated from an accredited program and logged the required classroom hours. Applicants must show proof of U.S. citizenship, provide photo identification and have a valid Social Security number. A federal background check is an additional requirement, along with a passing grade on the NBCOT exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Detroit, Michigan
According to CareerOneStop, occupational therapist salaries in Michigan ranged from a low of $45,000 to a high of $109,000 in 2013. Salary levels are likely the result of local economic conditions, an individual’s work ethic, experience, training and level of education. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, nationwide employment for occupational therapists is expected to grow by 29 percent from 2012 through 2022, which is faster than the average for all occupations. Continuing education can help occupational therapists advance their career.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Detroit, Michigan
Occupational therapy programs may differ by the level of the program, location, and school. However, programs typically address medical terminology, human anatomy, activity group processes, cognitive evaluation, and disability. Occupational therapy can be a rewarding career for those who enjoy working in a professional environment and helping others maintain a better qualify of life.