Occupational therapists are valued professionals in the health care community. With the help of occupational therapy, disabled children and adults receive help to participate in activities they want and need. Occupational therapy can also help people recover from injuries and regain needed skills.
List of Elite Programs in Detroit,MI
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Detroit, Michigan
Accredited schools offering occupational therapy classes in Detroit, Michigan include:
- Macomb Community College – Students benefit from lecture courses and supervised, clinical work in the field. Students explore occupational therapy applications, clinical protocols and assessment and screening tools. The program prepares students to take the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) certification exam.
- Schoolcraft College – Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) program coursework includes human life span development, occupational therapy principles, patient education and intervention, and principles and practice skills.
For employment in Michigan, occupational therapists must show proof of having graduated from an accredited program and logged the required classroom hours. Applicants must show proof of U.S. citizenship, provide photo identification and have a valid Social Security number. A federal background check is an additional requirement, along with a passing grade on the NBCOT exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Detroit, Michigan
According to CareerOneStop, occupational therapist salaries in Michigan ranged from a low of $45,000 to a high of $109,000 in 2013. Salary levels are likely the result of local economic conditions, an individual’s work ethic, experience, training and level of education. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, nationwide employment for occupational therapists is expected to grow by 29 percent from 2012 through 2022, which is faster than the average for all occupations. Continuing education can help occupational therapists advance their career.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Detroit, Michigan
Occupational therapy programs may differ by the level of the program, location, and school. However, programs typically address medical terminology, human anatomy, activity group processes, cognitive evaluation, and disability. Occupational therapy can be a rewarding career for those who enjoy working in a professional environment and helping others maintain a better qualify of life.