There are no accredited schools in Delaware that offer an occupational therapy program; however, students can find accredited occupational therapy programs in nearby Maryland and Virginia.
List of Elite Programs in Delaware
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
In order to become an occupational therapist in the state of Delaware, one must receive a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Occupational Therapy from an accredited school. Along with that, applicants must complete a minimum of 24 hours of work experience. Once those have been completed and a criminal background check has been passed, applicants must pass the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam. Once these items have been reviewed and approved, the applicant will receive a license and can lawfully practice as an occupational therapist in the state of Delaware. Once an occupational therapist has received their license to practice in Delaware, they must complete 20 hours of continuing education units in a two-year period in order to renew their license and continue working.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Delaware
The average annual salary for a full-time occupational therapist in the state of Delaware is about $79,000. Although this puts Delaware about 7 percent lower than the national average salary for occupational therapists, the Bureau of Labor and Statistics expects the growth to be about 33 percent faster than the national average.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Delaware
Although Delaware does not have any accredited occupational therapy programs, Maryland and Virginia are nearby and do offer such programs. The Master of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy offered by Towson University in Maryland provides students a graduate program that will prepare them for the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam as well as entering the work field. Both this program and the programs offered at the five accredited schools found in Virginia consist of classroom studies as well as work experience that is obtained through clinical work and/or internships. Even though the initial graduate schooling cannot be completed within the state of Delaware, continuing education units to maintain an occupational therapy license in Delaware can be obtained both in the state as well as online.