There are no accredited schools in Delaware that offer an occupational therapy program; however, students can find accredited occupational therapy programs in nearby Maryland and Virginia.
List of Elite Programs in Delaware
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
In order to become an occupational therapist in the state of Delaware, one must receive a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Occupational Therapy from an accredited school. Along with that, applicants must complete a minimum of 24 hours of work experience. Once those have been completed and a criminal background check has been passed, applicants must pass the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam. Once these items have been reviewed and approved, the applicant will receive a license and can lawfully practice as an occupational therapist in the state of Delaware. Once an occupational therapist has received their license to practice in Delaware, they must complete 20 hours of continuing education units in a two-year period in order to renew their license and continue working.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Delaware
The average annual salary for a full-time occupational therapist in the state of Delaware is about $79,000. Although this puts Delaware about 7 percent lower than the national average salary for occupational therapists, the Bureau of Labor and Statistics expects the growth to be about 33 percent faster than the national average.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Delaware
Although Delaware does not have any accredited occupational therapy programs, Maryland and Virginia are nearby and do offer such programs. The Master of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy offered by Towson University in Maryland provides students a graduate program that will prepare them for the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam as well as entering the work field. Both this program and the programs offered at the five accredited schools found in Virginia consist of classroom studies as well as work experience that is obtained through clinical work and/or internships. Even though the initial graduate schooling cannot be completed within the state of Delaware, continuing education units to maintain an occupational therapy license in Delaware can be obtained both in the state as well as online.