There are no accredited schools in Delaware that offer an occupational therapy program; however, students can find accredited occupational therapy programs in nearby Maryland and Virginia.
List of Elite Programs in Delaware
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
In order to become an occupational therapist in the state of Delaware, one must receive a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Occupational Therapy from an accredited school. Along with that, applicants must complete a minimum of 24 hours of work experience. Once those have been completed and a criminal background check has been passed, applicants must pass the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam. Once these items have been reviewed and approved, the applicant will receive a license and can lawfully practice as an occupational therapist in the state of Delaware. Once an occupational therapist has received their license to practice in Delaware, they must complete 20 hours of continuing education units in a two-year period in order to renew their license and continue working.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Delaware
The average annual salary for a full-time occupational therapist in the state of Delaware is about $79,000. Although this puts Delaware about 7 percent lower than the national average salary for occupational therapists, the Bureau of Labor and Statistics expects the growth to be about 33 percent faster than the national average.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Delaware
Although Delaware does not have any accredited occupational therapy programs, Maryland and Virginia are nearby and do offer such programs. The Master of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy offered by Towson University in Maryland provides students a graduate program that will prepare them for the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam as well as entering the work field. Both this program and the programs offered at the five accredited schools found in Virginia consist of classroom studies as well as work experience that is obtained through clinical work and/or internships. Even though the initial graduate schooling cannot be completed within the state of Delaware, continuing education units to maintain an occupational therapy license in Delaware can be obtained both in the state as well as online.