There are no accredited schools in Delaware that offer an occupational therapy program; however, students can find accredited occupational therapy programs in nearby Maryland and Virginia.
List of Elite Programs in Delaware
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
In order to become an occupational therapist in the state of Delaware, one must receive a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Occupational Therapy from an accredited school. Along with that, applicants must complete a minimum of 24 hours of work experience. Once those have been completed and a criminal background check has been passed, applicants must pass the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam. Once these items have been reviewed and approved, the applicant will receive a license and can lawfully practice as an occupational therapist in the state of Delaware. Once an occupational therapist has received their license to practice in Delaware, they must complete 20 hours of continuing education units in a two-year period in order to renew their license and continue working.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Delaware
The average annual salary for a full-time occupational therapist in the state of Delaware is about $79,000. Although this puts Delaware about 7 percent lower than the national average salary for occupational therapists, the Bureau of Labor and Statistics expects the growth to be about 33 percent faster than the national average.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Delaware
Although Delaware does not have any accredited occupational therapy programs, Maryland and Virginia are nearby and do offer such programs. The Master of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy offered by Towson University in Maryland provides students a graduate program that will prepare them for the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam as well as entering the work field. Both this program and the programs offered at the five accredited schools found in Virginia consist of classroom studies as well as work experience that is obtained through clinical work and/or internships. Even though the initial graduate schooling cannot be completed within the state of Delaware, continuing education units to maintain an occupational therapy license in Delaware can be obtained both in the state as well as online.