Texas Woman’s University offers an accredited Master of Occupational Therapy degree on their Dallas campus. The program has an accreditation from Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education and focuses on evidence-based occupational therapy practices.
The occupational therapy courses prepare students for the national examination that is required to obtain a license. Students complete courses such as occupational participation and adaptation, evaluation processes and professional reasoning as part of their classroom instruction. Students will also have clinical experiences so that they can apply their skills during interaction with patients.
List of Elite Programs in Dallas
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Psychology Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Psychology, Counseling Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
After a student graduates from the occupational therapy classes, the therapist is required to apply for a license from the state of Texas. The Executive Council of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners is the state agency responsible for issuing licenses. As part of the application process, applicants will pay an application fee and take a state test that covers the regulations regarding occupational therapy practice in Texas. The state exam is an open book exam and may be taken more than once. A passing score on the national examination is also required before certification can be awarded.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Dallas
An occupational therapist in Dallas has the potential to earn a lucrative salary. The Bureau of Labor Statistics recently cited the annual salary for an occupational therapist in Texas as $86,550. Occupational therapists salaries may increase based on their work schedules and choice of employer. Dallas has many potential employers including rehabilitation clinics, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals. Employers who need occupational therapists to work weekends, holidays or evenings may offer additional salary incentives.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Dallas
Texas Woman’s University has the only fully accredited occupational therapy program in Dallas. The school offers two types of clinical experiences. During their first fieldwork experiences, students will work in nearby communities during their regular semester. The second type of fieldwork allows students to have two 3-month assignments that are often in cities other than Dallas. The curriculum requires 28 months to complete.