Texas Woman’s University offers an accredited Master of Occupational Therapy degree on their Dallas campus. The program has an accreditation from Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education and focuses on evidence-based occupational therapy practices.
The occupational therapy courses prepare students for the national examination that is required to obtain a license. Students complete courses such as occupational participation and adaptation, evaluation processes and professional reasoning as part of their classroom instruction. Students will also have clinical experiences so that they can apply their skills during interaction with patients.
List of Elite Programs in Dallas
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
After a student graduates from the occupational therapy classes, the therapist is required to apply for a license from the state of Texas. The Executive Council of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners is the state agency responsible for issuing licenses. As part of the application process, applicants will pay an application fee and take a state test that covers the regulations regarding occupational therapy practice in Texas. The state exam is an open book exam and may be taken more than once. A passing score on the national examination is also required before certification can be awarded.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Dallas
An occupational therapist in Dallas has the potential to earn a lucrative salary. The Bureau of Labor Statistics recently cited the annual salary for an occupational therapist in Texas as $86,550. Occupational therapists salaries may increase based on their work schedules and choice of employer. Dallas has many potential employers including rehabilitation clinics, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals. Employers who need occupational therapists to work weekends, holidays or evenings may offer additional salary incentives.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Dallas
Texas Woman’s University has the only fully accredited occupational therapy program in Dallas. The school offers two types of clinical experiences. During their first fieldwork experiences, students will work in nearby communities during their regular semester. The second type of fieldwork allows students to have two 3-month assignments that are often in cities other than Dallas. The curriculum requires 28 months to complete.