Texas Woman’s University offers an accredited Master of Occupational Therapy degree on their Dallas campus. The program has an accreditation from Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education and focuses on evidence-based occupational therapy practices.
The occupational therapy courses prepare students for the national examination that is required to obtain a license. Students complete courses such as occupational participation and adaptation, evaluation processes and professional reasoning as part of their classroom instruction. Students will also have clinical experiences so that they can apply their skills during interaction with patients.
List of Elite Programs in Dallas
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
After a student graduates from the occupational therapy classes, the therapist is required to apply for a license from the state of Texas. The Executive Council of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners is the state agency responsible for issuing licenses. As part of the application process, applicants will pay an application fee and take a state test that covers the regulations regarding occupational therapy practice in Texas. The state exam is an open book exam and may be taken more than once. A passing score on the national examination is also required before certification can be awarded.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Dallas
An occupational therapist in Dallas has the potential to earn a lucrative salary. The Bureau of Labor Statistics recently cited the annual salary for an occupational therapist in Texas as $86,550. Occupational therapists salaries may increase based on their work schedules and choice of employer. Dallas has many potential employers including rehabilitation clinics, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals. Employers who need occupational therapists to work weekends, holidays or evenings may offer additional salary incentives.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Dallas
Texas Woman’s University has the only fully accredited occupational therapy program in Dallas. The school offers two types of clinical experiences. During their first fieldwork experiences, students will work in nearby communities during their regular semester. The second type of fieldwork allows students to have two 3-month assignments that are often in cities other than Dallas. The curriculum requires 28 months to complete.