Texas Woman’s University offers an accredited Master of Occupational Therapy degree on their Dallas campus. The program has an accreditation from Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education and focuses on evidence-based occupational therapy practices.
The occupational therapy courses prepare students for the national examination that is required to obtain a license. Students complete courses such as occupational participation and adaptation, evaluation processes and professional reasoning as part of their classroom instruction. Students will also have clinical experiences so that they can apply their skills during interaction with patients.
List of Elite Programs in Dallas
- Pursue a Rewarding Career in a Field That Helps Individuals Better Their Lives With a Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Degree Emphases: General Psychology, Performance & Sport Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more.
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced through class discussions and a capstone project.
- Prepare for a variety of career opportunities while studying human behavior and thought through GCU's psychology programs.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn a psychology degree.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
After a student graduates from the occupational therapy classes, the therapist is required to apply for a license from the state of Texas. The Executive Council of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners is the state agency responsible for issuing licenses. As part of the application process, applicants will pay an application fee and take a state test that covers the regulations regarding occupational therapy practice in Texas. The state exam is an open book exam and may be taken more than once. A passing score on the national examination is also required before certification can be awarded.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Dallas
An occupational therapist in Dallas has the potential to earn a lucrative salary. The Bureau of Labor Statistics recently cited the annual salary for an occupational therapist in Texas as $86,550. Occupational therapists salaries may increase based on their work schedules and choice of employer. Dallas has many potential employers including rehabilitation clinics, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals. Employers who need occupational therapists to work weekends, holidays or evenings may offer additional salary incentives.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Dallas
Texas Woman’s University has the only fully accredited occupational therapy program in Dallas. The school offers two types of clinical experiences. During their first fieldwork experiences, students will work in nearby communities during their regular semester. The second type of fieldwork allows students to have two 3-month assignments that are often in cities other than Dallas. The curriculum requires 28 months to complete.