Texas Woman’s University offers an accredited Master of Occupational Therapy degree on their Dallas campus. The program has an accreditation from Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education and focuses on evidence-based occupational therapy practices.
The occupational therapy courses prepare students for the national examination that is required to obtain a license. Students complete courses such as occupational participation and adaptation, evaluation processes and professional reasoning as part of their classroom instruction. Students will also have clinical experiences so that they can apply their skills during interaction with patients.
List of Elite Programs in Dallas
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Experience world-class education online: Purdue Global offers 180 programs at associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels
- Courses taught by highly respected faculty members who are experts in their fields
- Competency-based ExcelTrack™ Programs may allow you to earn your degree faster and for less money
- Full range of student services: individual educational advising, hands-on learning through interactive online classroom, no-cost tutoring in math, science and writing
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
After a student graduates from the occupational therapy classes, the therapist is required to apply for a license from the state of Texas. The Executive Council of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners is the state agency responsible for issuing licenses. As part of the application process, applicants will pay an application fee and take a state test that covers the regulations regarding occupational therapy practice in Texas. The state exam is an open book exam and may be taken more than once. A passing score on the national examination is also required before certification can be awarded.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Dallas
An occupational therapist in Dallas has the potential to earn a lucrative salary. The Bureau of Labor Statistics recently cited the annual salary for an occupational therapist in Texas as $86,550. Occupational therapists salaries may increase based on their work schedules and choice of employer. Dallas has many potential employers including rehabilitation clinics, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals. Employers who need occupational therapists to work weekends, holidays or evenings may offer additional salary incentives.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Dallas
Texas Woman’s University has the only fully accredited occupational therapy program in Dallas. The school offers two types of clinical experiences. During their first fieldwork experiences, students will work in nearby communities during their regular semester. The second type of fieldwork allows students to have two 3-month assignments that are often in cities other than Dallas. The curriculum requires 28 months to complete.