There are a lot of great schools within the state of Connecticut that offer certificates and degrees that pertain to Occupational Therapy. Below, one will be able to find out all the information that they need in order to go into the field of occupational therapy.
List of Elite Programs in Connecticut
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Psychology Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Psychology, Counseling Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Currently, there a total of six different colleges that offer programs centered on Occupational Therapy. Depending on what kind of degree that one is interested is just one of the details that one needs to think about when deciding on a college. Location and price are also great things to consider before committing to a specific school.
- Lincoln College of New England
- Goodwin College
- Housatonic Community College
- Manchester Community College
- Quinnipiac University
- Sacred Heart University
Occupational Therapy Certification in Connecticut
In order to become an Occupational Therapist in the state of Connecticut, one has to go through a variety of tests in order to obtain an license from the Department of Public Health. This license will allow the occupational therapist to work anywhere within the state as long as they keep up the credentials of their license.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Connecticut
When it comes to being an occupational therapist, it is important to know the average salary one will make. The amount that someone actually makes in this profession depends on where in Connecticut they are located, but on average, an occupational therapist can make anywhere from $41k a year to $80K a year. The salary difference deals with experience, degree type, and area in which one is actually working.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Connecticut
There are a total of three different certificates and degrees that one will be able to get when going to school in the state of Connecticut. It is imperative to choose the school after choosing the type of program one wants. This will make it easier to browse through the schools.
- Occupational Therapy Certificate
- Associates Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy Training Centers in Connecticut
|Occupational Therapy Training Centers||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
Department of Occupational Therapy
School of Health Sciences
|(203) 582-8204||275 Mount Carmel Avenue, NI – HSC|
Hamden, CT 06518-0569
|Sacred Heart University|
Department of Occupational Therapy and Health Sciences
|(203) 365-4771||5151 Park Avenue|
Fairfield, CT 06825-1000