Anyone wanting to know how to become an occupational therapist in Columbus, Ohio can contact the Ohio Occupational Therapy Association Inc., for information concerning educational requirements and job opportunities. This association has a website that allows students and therapists to log in with their last name to receive current details about new regulations in this health care career. Students can learn about online occupational therapy classes that are necessary to keep their license current. Therapists can keep track of their certification at this website to understand when enrolling in a new class is required.
List of Elite Programs in Columbus,OH
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Columbus, Ohio
This health care career is regulated by the Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Athletic Therapy Board. Therapists working in the state of Ohio must register with the board to provide educational documentation such as college transcripts and certification test scores. Each perspective therapist is investigated by the state to determine if they have a criminal history that includes drug abuse or assault. An approved applicant receives an occupational therapy license for the state of Ohio that requires periodic renewal with new coursework. Working occupational therapists are responsible for enrolling in training at a brick-and-mortar or online college to renew their license in the correct time line.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Columbus, Ohio
An occupational therapist with current certification earns an average of over $25 an hour in Columbus, Ohio. This leads to a yearly income of approximately $52,000 a year for occupational therapists living in this low cost of living state. New graduates from an accredited occupational therapy school earn the least but still receive benefits that include vacation time and medical insurance. As therapists gain experience, they can demand higher salary levels and benefits. Most individuals in this health care career will work full-time hours during a traditional workweek.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Columbus, Ohio
Ohio State University located in Columbus offers an entry-level master’s degree program in occupational therapy that is highly regarded by professionals in this health care career. Students will participate in traditional brick-and-mortar classes in addition to practical laboratory training. Nearby rehabilitation centers, schools and hospitals provide a place for students to work with patients under the authority of certified occupational therapists and physicians. Students can continue their education at Ohio State University by enrolling in a doctoral degree program.