Anyone wanting to know how to become an occupational therapist in Columbus, Ohio can contact the Ohio Occupational Therapy Association Inc., for information concerning educational requirements and job opportunities. This association has a website that allows students and therapists to log in with their last name to receive current details about new regulations in this health care career. Students can learn about online occupational therapy classes that are necessary to keep their license current. Therapists can keep track of their certification at this website to understand when enrolling in a new class is required.
List of Elite Programs in Columbus,OH
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Occupational Therapy Certification in Columbus, Ohio
This health care career is regulated by the Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Athletic Therapy Board. Therapists working in the state of Ohio must register with the board to provide educational documentation such as college transcripts and certification test scores. Each perspective therapist is investigated by the state to determine if they have a criminal history that includes drug abuse or assault. An approved applicant receives an occupational therapy license for the state of Ohio that requires periodic renewal with new coursework. Working occupational therapists are responsible for enrolling in training at a brick-and-mortar or online college to renew their license in the correct time line.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Columbus, Ohio
An occupational therapist with current certification earns an average of over $25 an hour in Columbus, Ohio. This leads to a yearly income of approximately $52,000 a year for occupational therapists living in this low cost of living state. New graduates from an accredited occupational therapy school earn the least but still receive benefits that include vacation time and medical insurance. As therapists gain experience, they can demand higher salary levels and benefits. Most individuals in this health care career will work full-time hours during a traditional workweek.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Columbus, Ohio
Ohio State University located in Columbus offers an entry-level master’s degree program in occupational therapy that is highly regarded by professionals in this health care career. Students will participate in traditional brick-and-mortar classes in addition to practical laboratory training. Nearby rehabilitation centers, schools and hospitals provide a place for students to work with patients under the authority of certified occupational therapists and physicians. Students can continue their education at Ohio State University by enrolling in a doctoral degree program.