Anyone wanting to know how to become an occupational therapist in Columbus, Ohio can contact the Ohio Occupational Therapy Association Inc., for information concerning educational requirements and job opportunities. This association has a website that allows students and therapists to log in with their last name to receive current details about new regulations in this health care career. Students can learn about online occupational therapy classes that are necessary to keep their license current. Therapists can keep track of their certification at this website to understand when enrolling in a new class is required.
List of Elite Programs in Columbus,OH
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Pursue a Rewarding Career in a Field That Helps Individuals Better Their Lives With a Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Degree Emphases: General Psychology, Performance & Sport Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more.
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced through class discussions and a capstone project.
- Prepare for a variety of career opportunities while studying human behavior and thought through GCU's psychology programs.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn a psychology degree.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Occupational Therapy Certification in Columbus, Ohio
This health care career is regulated by the Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Athletic Therapy Board. Therapists working in the state of Ohio must register with the board to provide educational documentation such as college transcripts and certification test scores. Each perspective therapist is investigated by the state to determine if they have a criminal history that includes drug abuse or assault. An approved applicant receives an occupational therapy license for the state of Ohio that requires periodic renewal with new coursework. Working occupational therapists are responsible for enrolling in training at a brick-and-mortar or online college to renew their license in the correct time line.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Columbus, Ohio
An occupational therapist with current certification earns an average of over $25 an hour in Columbus, Ohio. This leads to a yearly income of approximately $52,000 a year for occupational therapists living in this low cost of living state. New graduates from an accredited occupational therapy school earn the least but still receive benefits that include vacation time and medical insurance. As therapists gain experience, they can demand higher salary levels and benefits. Most individuals in this health care career will work full-time hours during a traditional workweek.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Columbus, Ohio
Ohio State University located in Columbus offers an entry-level master’s degree program in occupational therapy that is highly regarded by professionals in this health care career. Students will participate in traditional brick-and-mortar classes in addition to practical laboratory training. Nearby rehabilitation centers, schools and hospitals provide a place for students to work with patients under the authority of certified occupational therapists and physicians. Students can continue their education at Ohio State University by enrolling in a doctoral degree program.