Anyone wanting to know how to become an occupational therapist in Columbus, Ohio can contact the Ohio Occupational Therapy Association Inc., for information concerning educational requirements and job opportunities. This association has a website that allows students and therapists to log in with their last name to receive current details about new regulations in this health care career. Students can learn about online occupational therapy classes that are necessary to keep their license current. Therapists can keep track of their certification at this website to understand when enrolling in a new class is required.
List of Elite Programs in Columbus,OH
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Columbus, Ohio
This health care career is regulated by the Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Athletic Therapy Board. Therapists working in the state of Ohio must register with the board to provide educational documentation such as college transcripts and certification test scores. Each perspective therapist is investigated by the state to determine if they have a criminal history that includes drug abuse or assault. An approved applicant receives an occupational therapy license for the state of Ohio that requires periodic renewal with new coursework. Working occupational therapists are responsible for enrolling in training at a brick-and-mortar or online college to renew their license in the correct time line.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Columbus, Ohio
An occupational therapist with current certification earns an average of over $25 an hour in Columbus, Ohio. This leads to a yearly income of approximately $52,000 a year for occupational therapists living in this low cost of living state. New graduates from an accredited occupational therapy school earn the least but still receive benefits that include vacation time and medical insurance. As therapists gain experience, they can demand higher salary levels and benefits. Most individuals in this health care career will work full-time hours during a traditional workweek.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Columbus, Ohio
Ohio State University located in Columbus offers an entry-level master’s degree program in occupational therapy that is highly regarded by professionals in this health care career. Students will participate in traditional brick-and-mortar classes in addition to practical laboratory training. Nearby rehabilitation centers, schools and hospitals provide a place for students to work with patients under the authority of certified occupational therapists and physicians. Students can continue their education at Ohio State University by enrolling in a doctoral degree program.