If you live in Colorado Springs and have determined that a career in occupational therapy is ideal for you, it’s important to get off to a great start by enrolling in high quality educational classes that will prepare you to work in your sector. To get a basic overview of how to start this process, consider the following information:
List of Elite Programs in Colorado Springs, CO
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Colorado Springs, CO
Your first step in locating the ideal occupational therapy school is ensuring that the institution is accredited. To make sure that you do, go online and type a key phrase such as “Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Classes Online” or “Find Occupational Therapy Programs in Colorado Springs, CO.” After you click “enter,” you’ll be led to a screen of search engine results pages with several educational programs.
In order to practice occupational therapy in Colorado, you must take and pass the Occupational Therapist Registered (OTR) exam. This exam is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. You can choose to take the exam in hard copy format for $540 or online format for $500. To obtain your license (which grants you the title of Registered Occupational Therapist), you’ll need to submit your completed application. You should also submit the appropriate fee (via money order or check). Be cognizant of the fact that fee rates change on July 1st each year. Also be sure to submit your Verification of Certification. This document will come from the NBCOT.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Colorado Springs, CO
The average annual income for an occupational therapist who works in Colorado Springs, CO is $68,000. Additionally, those who opt to work as an occupational therapist assistant will typically garner $47,000. Please be aware of the fact that these statistics are not static. Rather, the amount that an individual who works in the occupational therapy sector can vary based on several factors. Some of those factors include your educational background, whether you completed ongoing educational credits, the employer, and your level of experience.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Colorado Springs, CO
There are several online and offline programs you can enroll in within Colorado Springs to become an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant. They include:
Pima Medical Institute
Grand Canyon University