If you live in Colorado Springs and have determined that a career in occupational therapy is ideal for you, it’s important to get off to a great start by enrolling in high quality educational classes that will prepare you to work in your sector. To get a basic overview of how to start this process, consider the following information:
List of Elite Programs in Colorado Springs, CO
- Pursue a Rewarding Career in a Field That Helps Individuals Better Their Lives With a Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Degree Emphases: General Psychology, Performance & Sport Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more.
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced through class discussions and a capstone project.
- Prepare for a variety of career opportunities while studying human behavior and thought through GCU's psychology programs.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn a psychology degree.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Colorado Springs, CO
Your first step in locating the ideal occupational therapy school is ensuring that the institution is accredited. To make sure that you do, go online and type a key phrase such as “Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Classes Online” or “Find Occupational Therapy Programs in Colorado Springs, CO.” After you click “enter,” you’ll be led to a screen of search engine results pages with several educational programs.
In order to practice occupational therapy in Colorado, you must take and pass the Occupational Therapist Registered (OTR) exam. This exam is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. You can choose to take the exam in hard copy format for $540 or online format for $500. To obtain your license (which grants you the title of Registered Occupational Therapist), you’ll need to submit your completed application. You should also submit the appropriate fee (via money order or check). Be cognizant of the fact that fee rates change on July 1st each year. Also be sure to submit your Verification of Certification. This document will come from the NBCOT.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Colorado Springs, CO
The average annual income for an occupational therapist who works in Colorado Springs, CO is $68,000. Additionally, those who opt to work as an occupational therapist assistant will typically garner $47,000. Please be aware of the fact that these statistics are not static. Rather, the amount that an individual who works in the occupational therapy sector can vary based on several factors. Some of those factors include your educational background, whether you completed ongoing educational credits, the employer, and your level of experience.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Colorado Springs, CO
There are several online and offline programs you can enroll in within Colorado Springs to become an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant. They include:
Pima Medical Institute
Grand Canyon University