If you live in Colorado Springs and have determined that a career in occupational therapy is ideal for you, it’s important to get off to a great start by enrolling in high quality educational classes that will prepare you to work in your sector. To get a basic overview of how to start this process, consider the following information:
List of Elite Programs in Colorado Springs, CO
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Founded in 1949 as a private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- Provides Student Success Webinars where tutors provide tips and tricks to help make college a little easier.
- Offers programs in business, psychology, theology, engineering, communications, and more.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Community Mental Health Administration
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Colorado Springs, CO
Your first step in locating the ideal occupational therapy school is ensuring that the institution is accredited. To make sure that you do, go online and type a key phrase such as “Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Classes Online” or “Find Occupational Therapy Programs in Colorado Springs, CO.” After you click “enter,” you’ll be led to a screen of search engine results pages with several educational programs.
In order to practice occupational therapy in Colorado, you must take and pass the Occupational Therapist Registered (OTR) exam. This exam is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. You can choose to take the exam in hard copy format for $540 or online format for $500. To obtain your license (which grants you the title of Registered Occupational Therapist), you’ll need to submit your completed application. You should also submit the appropriate fee (via money order or check). Be cognizant of the fact that fee rates change on July 1st each year. Also be sure to submit your Verification of Certification. This document will come from the NBCOT.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Colorado Springs, CO
The average annual income for an occupational therapist who works in Colorado Springs, CO is $68,000. Additionally, those who opt to work as an occupational therapist assistant will typically garner $47,000. Please be aware of the fact that these statistics are not static. Rather, the amount that an individual who works in the occupational therapy sector can vary based on several factors. Some of those factors include your educational background, whether you completed ongoing educational credits, the employer, and your level of experience.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Colorado Springs, CO
There are several online and offline programs you can enroll in within Colorado Springs to become an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant. They include:
Pima Medical Institute
Grand Canyon University