If you live in Colorado Springs and have determined that a career in occupational therapy is ideal for you, it’s important to get off to a great start by enrolling in high quality educational classes that will prepare you to work in your sector. To get a basic overview of how to start this process, consider the following information:
List of Elite Programs in Colorado Springs, CO
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Experience world-class education online: Purdue Global offers 180 programs at associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels
- Courses taught by highly respected faculty members who are experts in their fields
- Competency-based ExcelTrack™ Programs may allow you to earn your degree faster and for less money
- Full range of student services: individual educational advising, hands-on learning through interactive online classroom, no-cost tutoring in math, science and writing
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Colorado Springs, CO
Your first step in locating the ideal occupational therapy school is ensuring that the institution is accredited. To make sure that you do, go online and type a key phrase such as “Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Classes Online” or “Find Occupational Therapy Programs in Colorado Springs, CO.” After you click “enter,” you’ll be led to a screen of search engine results pages with several educational programs.
In order to practice occupational therapy in Colorado, you must take and pass the Occupational Therapist Registered (OTR) exam. This exam is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. You can choose to take the exam in hard copy format for $540 or online format for $500. To obtain your license (which grants you the title of Registered Occupational Therapist), you’ll need to submit your completed application. You should also submit the appropriate fee (via money order or check). Be cognizant of the fact that fee rates change on July 1st each year. Also be sure to submit your Verification of Certification. This document will come from the NBCOT.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Colorado Springs, CO
The average annual income for an occupational therapist who works in Colorado Springs, CO is $68,000. Additionally, those who opt to work as an occupational therapist assistant will typically garner $47,000. Please be aware of the fact that these statistics are not static. Rather, the amount that an individual who works in the occupational therapy sector can vary based on several factors. Some of those factors include your educational background, whether you completed ongoing educational credits, the employer, and your level of experience.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Colorado Springs, CO
There are several online and offline programs you can enroll in within Colorado Springs to become an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant. They include:
Pima Medical Institute
Grand Canyon University