If you live in Colorado Springs and have determined that a career in occupational therapy is ideal for you, it’s important to get off to a great start by enrolling in high quality educational classes that will prepare you to work in your sector. To get a basic overview of how to start this process, consider the following information:
List of Elite Programs in Colorado Springs, CO
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Colorado Springs, CO
Your first step in locating the ideal occupational therapy school is ensuring that the institution is accredited. To make sure that you do, go online and type a key phrase such as “Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Classes Online” or “Find Occupational Therapy Programs in Colorado Springs, CO.” After you click “enter,” you’ll be led to a screen of search engine results pages with several educational programs.
In order to practice occupational therapy in Colorado, you must take and pass the Occupational Therapist Registered (OTR) exam. This exam is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. You can choose to take the exam in hard copy format for $540 or online format for $500. To obtain your license (which grants you the title of Registered Occupational Therapist), you’ll need to submit your completed application. You should also submit the appropriate fee (via money order or check). Be cognizant of the fact that fee rates change on July 1st each year. Also be sure to submit your Verification of Certification. This document will come from the NBCOT.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Colorado Springs, CO
The average annual income for an occupational therapist who works in Colorado Springs, CO is $68,000. Additionally, those who opt to work as an occupational therapist assistant will typically garner $47,000. Please be aware of the fact that these statistics are not static. Rather, the amount that an individual who works in the occupational therapy sector can vary based on several factors. Some of those factors include your educational background, whether you completed ongoing educational credits, the employer, and your level of experience.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Colorado Springs, CO
There are several online and offline programs you can enroll in within Colorado Springs to become an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant. They include:
Pima Medical Institute
Grand Canyon University