Cleveland State University offers an accredited Master of Occupational Therapy degree to those wishing to become an occupational therapist. The occupational therapy classes offered at Cleveland State University prepare students to take the national examination required for licensure. Students are required to complete courses such as occupational development and musculoskeletal evaluation. The curriculum also includes service learning opportunities and fieldwork.
List of Elite Programs in Cleveland
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
After an occupational therapist degree has been completed, the therapist must obtain a license from the state of Ohio before seeking employment. The Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainers Board is the state agency that issues occupational therapist licenses. Applicants must pay an application fee and submit to a criminal background check. Applicants will also complete an online examination covering the practices and regulations regarding occupational therapy in Ohio. A passing score on the national certification exam is also required before the license is approved. Licenses must be renewed every two years by the board.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Cleveland
An occupational therapist in Ohio can earn a rewarding salary. Recently the Bureau of Labor Statistics listed the annual salary for an occupational therapist in Ohio as $79,700. Occupational therapists may increase their salary by choosing to work weekend, evening, or holiday shifts. Many hospitals often offer increased pay for these types of schedules. Clinics with higher volumes of patients may offer additional salary benefits. Other employers may offer incentives as well.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Cleveland
Cleveland State University has the only fully accredited occupational therapy program in Cleveland. The school maintains an accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. The school also has relationships with many research universities that provide research opportunities to students enrolled in the occupational therapy program. The course of study includes 24 weeks of full-time clinical experiences that allow students to apply their classroom instruction in a patient care setting. The curriculum requires a total of 79 credits for completion, including electives so that students can study in areas of particular interest to them. Part-time enrollment is available for students who do not wish to study full-time.