Cleveland State University offers an accredited Master of Occupational Therapy degree to those wishing to become an occupational therapist. The occupational therapy classes offered at Cleveland State University prepare students to take the national examination required for licensure. Students are required to complete courses such as occupational development and musculoskeletal evaluation. The curriculum also includes service learning opportunities and fieldwork.
List of Elite Programs in Cleveland
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- A.S. Occupational Therapy Assistant
- B.S. Addictions Counseling
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
After an occupational therapist degree has been completed, the therapist must obtain a license from the state of Ohio before seeking employment. The Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainers Board is the state agency that issues occupational therapist licenses. Applicants must pay an application fee and submit to a criminal background check. Applicants will also complete an online examination covering the practices and regulations regarding occupational therapy in Ohio. A passing score on the national certification exam is also required before the license is approved. Licenses must be renewed every two years by the board.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Cleveland
An occupational therapist in Ohio can earn a rewarding salary. Recently the Bureau of Labor Statistics listed the annual salary for an occupational therapist in Ohio as $79,700. Occupational therapists may increase their salary by choosing to work weekend, evening, or holiday shifts. Many hospitals often offer increased pay for these types of schedules. Clinics with higher volumes of patients may offer additional salary benefits. Other employers may offer incentives as well.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Cleveland
Cleveland State University has the only fully accredited occupational therapy program in Cleveland. The school maintains an accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. The school also has relationships with many research universities that provide research opportunities to students enrolled in the occupational therapy program. The course of study includes 24 weeks of full-time clinical experiences that allow students to apply their classroom instruction in a patient care setting. The curriculum requires a total of 79 credits for completion, including electives so that students can study in areas of particular interest to them. Part-time enrollment is available for students who do not wish to study full-time.