Cleveland State University offers an accredited Master of Occupational Therapy degree to those wishing to become an occupational therapist. The occupational therapy classes offered at Cleveland State University prepare students to take the national examination required for licensure. Students are required to complete courses such as occupational development and musculoskeletal evaluation. The curriculum also includes service learning opportunities and fieldwork.
List of Elite Programs in Cleveland
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Available programs include a B.A. in Psychology and an M.A. in Clinical Mental Health & Counseling.
- Courses allow students to explore general psychology and behavioral health, as well as several experimental & research concentrations.
- Psychology programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
After an occupational therapist degree has been completed, the therapist must obtain a license from the state of Ohio before seeking employment. The Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainers Board is the state agency that issues occupational therapist licenses. Applicants must pay an application fee and submit to a criminal background check. Applicants will also complete an online examination covering the practices and regulations regarding occupational therapy in Ohio. A passing score on the national certification exam is also required before the license is approved. Licenses must be renewed every two years by the board.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Cleveland
An occupational therapist in Ohio can earn a rewarding salary. Recently the Bureau of Labor Statistics listed the annual salary for an occupational therapist in Ohio as $79,700. Occupational therapists may increase their salary by choosing to work weekend, evening, or holiday shifts. Many hospitals often offer increased pay for these types of schedules. Clinics with higher volumes of patients may offer additional salary benefits. Other employers may offer incentives as well.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Cleveland
Cleveland State University has the only fully accredited occupational therapy program in Cleveland. The school maintains an accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. The school also has relationships with many research universities that provide research opportunities to students enrolled in the occupational therapy program. The course of study includes 24 weeks of full-time clinical experiences that allow students to apply their classroom instruction in a patient care setting. The curriculum requires a total of 79 credits for completion, including electives so that students can study in areas of particular interest to them. Part-time enrollment is available for students who do not wish to study full-time.