Cleveland State University offers an accredited Master of Occupational Therapy degree to those wishing to become an occupational therapist. The occupational therapy classes offered at Cleveland State University prepare students to take the national examination required for licensure. Students are required to complete courses such as occupational development and musculoskeletal evaluation. The curriculum also includes service learning opportunities and fieldwork.
List of Elite Programs in Cleveland
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
After an occupational therapist degree has been completed, the therapist must obtain a license from the state of Ohio before seeking employment. The Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainers Board is the state agency that issues occupational therapist licenses. Applicants must pay an application fee and submit to a criminal background check. Applicants will also complete an online examination covering the practices and regulations regarding occupational therapy in Ohio. A passing score on the national certification exam is also required before the license is approved. Licenses must be renewed every two years by the board.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Cleveland
An occupational therapist in Ohio can earn a rewarding salary. Recently the Bureau of Labor Statistics listed the annual salary for an occupational therapist in Ohio as $79,700. Occupational therapists may increase their salary by choosing to work weekend, evening, or holiday shifts. Many hospitals often offer increased pay for these types of schedules. Clinics with higher volumes of patients may offer additional salary benefits. Other employers may offer incentives as well.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Cleveland
Cleveland State University has the only fully accredited occupational therapy program in Cleveland. The school maintains an accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. The school also has relationships with many research universities that provide research opportunities to students enrolled in the occupational therapy program. The course of study includes 24 weeks of full-time clinical experiences that allow students to apply their classroom instruction in a patient care setting. The curriculum requires a total of 79 credits for completion, including electives so that students can study in areas of particular interest to them. Part-time enrollment is available for students who do not wish to study full-time.