Cleveland State University offers an accredited Master of Occupational Therapy degree to those wishing to become an occupational therapist. The occupational therapy classes offered at Cleveland State University prepare students to take the national examination required for licensure. Students are required to complete courses such as occupational development and musculoskeletal evaluation. The curriculum also includes service learning opportunities and fieldwork.
List of Elite Programs in Cleveland
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Pursue a Rewarding Career in a Field That Helps Individuals Better Their Lives With a Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Degree Emphases: General Psychology, Performance & Sport Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more.
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced through class discussions and a capstone project.
- Prepare for a variety of career opportunities while studying human behavior and thought through GCU's psychology programs.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn a psychology degree.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
After an occupational therapist degree has been completed, the therapist must obtain a license from the state of Ohio before seeking employment. The Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainers Board is the state agency that issues occupational therapist licenses. Applicants must pay an application fee and submit to a criminal background check. Applicants will also complete an online examination covering the practices and regulations regarding occupational therapy in Ohio. A passing score on the national certification exam is also required before the license is approved. Licenses must be renewed every two years by the board.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Cleveland
An occupational therapist in Ohio can earn a rewarding salary. Recently the Bureau of Labor Statistics listed the annual salary for an occupational therapist in Ohio as $79,700. Occupational therapists may increase their salary by choosing to work weekend, evening, or holiday shifts. Many hospitals often offer increased pay for these types of schedules. Clinics with higher volumes of patients may offer additional salary benefits. Other employers may offer incentives as well.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Cleveland
Cleveland State University has the only fully accredited occupational therapy program in Cleveland. The school maintains an accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. The school also has relationships with many research universities that provide research opportunities to students enrolled in the occupational therapy program. The course of study includes 24 weeks of full-time clinical experiences that allow students to apply their classroom instruction in a patient care setting. The curriculum requires a total of 79 credits for completion, including electives so that students can study in areas of particular interest to them. Part-time enrollment is available for students who do not wish to study full-time.