Occupational therapy is one of the most in-demand professions in today’s economy. People all over the nation are looking for counseling in their search for the right career, and with a license in this profession, you can help individuals find exactly the right work that suits them best. Chicago is one of the top cities to become certified in this field, and it’s a great place to get a start on your career.
List of Elite Programs in Chicago
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Occupational Therapy Aide
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Substance Abuse
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Psychology (PsyD)
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology/Clinical Psychology
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MSEd: Mental Health Counseling
Before you can begin working in this profession, you have to earn a two-year or four-year degree from an accredited university. Chicago has several top schools that offer professional recognition in this discipline, and enrollment requirements are generally easy to meet. The most important point is to verify a program’s accreditation to avoid wasting your money.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Chicago
Chicago has higher living expenses than average for the rest of the United States, and occupational therapists earn more here than in other parts of the country. The average salary for people working in this occupation in Chicago is between $52,000 and $70,000 per year. The relatively small investment in an education makes this degree highly worthwhile.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Chicago
- University of Illinois at Chicago
The University of Illinois at Chicago offers a four-year course plan for this major and has on-campus housing, dining and laundry. It’s one of the top schools in the country, and tuition is moderate to moderately expensive. Financial aid is available for students with a need for assistance.
- Chicago State University
Chicago State University is another one of the top institutions in the country and offers a four-year course plan for this major. There is on-campus housing and dining, and tuition is moderate to expensive. Students who qualify can apply for federal financial aid to receive Pell grants and direct loans from government-approved lenders.
- Midwestern University
Midwestern University is an excellent educational institution with a great reputation and an established four-year plan in this subject. It offers on-campus housing and dining, and tuition is moderate. There is financial aid available to students who qualify.
- Governors State University
Governors State University offers a two-year post-graduate plan in this discipline and may provide financial aid to students who qualify. It’s a well-regarded school with an excellent track record of students finding employment after graduation.