Occupational therapy is one of the most in-demand professions in today’s economy. People all over the nation are looking for counseling in their search for the right career, and with a license in this profession, you can help individuals find exactly the right work that suits them best. Chicago is one of the top cities to become certified in this field, and it’s a great place to get a start on your career.
List of Elite Programs in Chicago
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Emphases: General Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced
- Study human behavior and thought
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Psy.D. Clinical Psychology
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
Before you can begin working in this profession, you have to earn a two-year or four-year degree from an accredited university. Chicago has several top schools that offer professional recognition in this discipline, and enrollment requirements are generally easy to meet. The most important point is to verify a program’s accreditation to avoid wasting your money.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Chicago
Chicago has higher living expenses than average for the rest of the United States, and occupational therapists earn more here than in other parts of the country. The average salary for people working in this occupation in Chicago is between $52,000 and $70,000 per year. The relatively small investment in an education makes this degree highly worthwhile.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Chicago
- University of Illinois at Chicago
The University of Illinois at Chicago offers a four-year course plan for this major and has on-campus housing, dining and laundry. It’s one of the top schools in the country, and tuition is moderate to moderately expensive. Financial aid is available for students with a need for assistance.
- Chicago State University
Chicago State University is another one of the top institutions in the country and offers a four-year course plan for this major. There is on-campus housing and dining, and tuition is moderate to expensive. Students who qualify can apply for federal financial aid to receive Pell grants and direct loans from government-approved lenders.
- Midwestern University
Midwestern University is an excellent educational institution with a great reputation and an established four-year plan in this subject. It offers on-campus housing and dining, and tuition is moderate. There is financial aid available to students who qualify.
- Governors State University
Governors State University offers a two-year post-graduate plan in this discipline and may provide financial aid to students who qualify. It’s a well-regarded school with an excellent track record of students finding employment after graduation.