Occupational therapy is one of the most in-demand professions in today’s economy. People all over the nation are looking for counseling in their search for the right career, and with a license in this profession, you can help individuals find exactly the right work that suits them best. Chicago is one of the top cities to become certified in this field, and it’s a great place to get a start on your career.
List of Elite Programs in Chicago
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Before you can begin working in this profession, you have to earn a two-year or four-year degree from an accredited university. Chicago has several top schools that offer professional recognition in this discipline, and enrollment requirements are generally easy to meet. The most important point is to verify a program’s accreditation to avoid wasting your money.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Chicago
Chicago has higher living expenses than average for the rest of the United States, and occupational therapists earn more here than in other parts of the country. The average salary for people working in this occupation in Chicago is between $52,000 and $70,000 per year. The relatively small investment in an education makes this degree highly worthwhile.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Chicago
- University of Illinois at Chicago
The University of Illinois at Chicago offers a four-year course plan for this major and has on-campus housing, dining and laundry. It’s one of the top schools in the country, and tuition is moderate to moderately expensive. Financial aid is available for students with a need for assistance.
- Chicago State University
Chicago State University is another one of the top institutions in the country and offers a four-year course plan for this major. There is on-campus housing and dining, and tuition is moderate to expensive. Students who qualify can apply for federal financial aid to receive Pell grants and direct loans from government-approved lenders.
- Midwestern University
Midwestern University is an excellent educational institution with a great reputation and an established four-year plan in this subject. It offers on-campus housing and dining, and tuition is moderate. There is financial aid available to students who qualify.
- Governors State University
Governors State University offers a two-year post-graduate plan in this discipline and may provide financial aid to students who qualify. It’s a well-regarded school with an excellent track record of students finding employment after graduation.