Charlotte residents who have decided that the field of occupational therapy is a good fit for them should get started with the process of learning how to become an occupational therapist. Although this task may seem like an arduous one, it doesn’t have to be. By reviewing the short yet substantive guideline we’ve provided below, you can get started in building the long-term career of your dreams.
List of Elite Programs in Charlotte
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Understand the Human Experience with a Psychology Degree from Saint Leo University!
- Whether you're interested in general psychology or clinical practices, earn your Psychology degree from one of the top-ranked Universities in Florida!
- Receive an Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any of our multiple Psychology programs from Saint Leo University!
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Psychology degree today!
- BA: Psychology - Clinical/Counseling
Once you’re certain that you want to become an occupational therapist, your next course of action is to locate an accredited occupational therapy school. The accreditation is significant for several reasons, one of which is that your future employers will be looking for evidence to support the idea that you’ve received detailed, thorough educational training that will enable you to work with excellence and productivity. After you’ve located a Charlotte-based occupational therapy program that is accredited, you’ll want to conduct online research or request educational brochures that provide you with detailed background information about the learning institution. This step is also quite important because it will enable you to figure out whether an occupational therapy college’s offerings are comparable to your needs and wants.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Charlotte
The state of North Carolina has a plethora of requirements that Charlotte residents must meet in order to work legally within the state. Your first step is earning a degree (bachelor’s or master’s level) in occupational therapy, after which you’ll need to complete a minimum of six months of work with a licensed occupational therapist or through an internship. Additionally, North Carolina requires you to pass a jurisprudence examination as well as a background check. You’ll also need to pass the NBCOT OTR.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Charlotte
Annual income is very important because it will likely determine your lifestyle and socioeconomic mobility. In recognizing this principle, it’s important to note that Indeed.com states that occupational therapists who work in Charlotte bring home an average annual income of $94,000. At the same time, occupational therapy assistants generate a yearly income of $65,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Charlotte
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Charlotte that you can enroll in. Some of them are:
- Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
- Cape Fear Community College
- Durham Technical Community College
- East Carolina University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Pitt Community College
- Winston-Salem State University