Charlotte residents who have decided that the field of occupational therapy is a good fit for them should get started with the process of learning how to become an occupational therapist. Although this task may seem like an arduous one, it doesn’t have to be. By reviewing the short yet substantive guideline we’ve provided below, you can get started in building the long-term career of your dreams.
List of Elite Programs in Charlotte
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology
- And more...
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
Once you’re certain that you want to become an occupational therapist, your next course of action is to locate an accredited occupational therapy school. The accreditation is significant for several reasons, one of which is that your future employers will be looking for evidence to support the idea that you’ve received detailed, thorough educational training that will enable you to work with excellence and productivity. After you’ve located a Charlotte-based occupational therapy program that is accredited, you’ll want to conduct online research or request educational brochures that provide you with detailed background information about the learning institution. This step is also quite important because it will enable you to figure out whether an occupational therapy college’s offerings are comparable to your needs and wants.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Charlotte
The state of North Carolina has a plethora of requirements that Charlotte residents must meet in order to work legally within the state. Your first step is earning a degree (bachelor’s or master’s level) in occupational therapy, after which you’ll need to complete a minimum of six months of work with a licensed occupational therapist or through an internship. Additionally, North Carolina requires you to pass a jurisprudence examination as well as a background check. You’ll also need to pass the NBCOT OTR.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Charlotte
Annual income is very important because it will likely determine your lifestyle and socioeconomic mobility. In recognizing this principle, it’s important to note that Indeed.com states that occupational therapists who work in Charlotte bring home an average annual income of $94,000. At the same time, occupational therapy assistants generate a yearly income of $65,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Charlotte
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Charlotte that you can enroll in. Some of them are:
- Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
- Cape Fear Community College
- Durham Technical Community College
- East Carolina University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Pitt Community College
- Winston-Salem State University