Charlotte residents who have decided that the field of occupational therapy is a good fit for them should get started with the process of learning how to become an occupational therapist. Although this task may seem like an arduous one, it doesn’t have to be. By reviewing the short yet substantive guideline we’ve provided below, you can get started in building the long-term career of your dreams.
List of Elite Programs in Charlotte
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Once you’re certain that you want to become an occupational therapist, your next course of action is to locate an accredited occupational therapy school. The accreditation is significant for several reasons, one of which is that your future employers will be looking for evidence to support the idea that you’ve received detailed, thorough educational training that will enable you to work with excellence and productivity. After you’ve located a Charlotte-based occupational therapy program that is accredited, you’ll want to conduct online research or request educational brochures that provide you with detailed background information about the learning institution. This step is also quite important because it will enable you to figure out whether an occupational therapy college’s offerings are comparable to your needs and wants.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Charlotte
The state of North Carolina has a plethora of requirements that Charlotte residents must meet in order to work legally within the state. Your first step is earning a degree (bachelor’s or master’s level) in occupational therapy, after which you’ll need to complete a minimum of six months of work with a licensed occupational therapist or through an internship. Additionally, North Carolina requires you to pass a jurisprudence examination as well as a background check. You’ll also need to pass the NBCOT OTR.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Charlotte
Annual income is very important because it will likely determine your lifestyle and socioeconomic mobility. In recognizing this principle, it’s important to note that Indeed.com states that occupational therapists who work in Charlotte bring home an average annual income of $94,000. At the same time, occupational therapy assistants generate a yearly income of $65,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Charlotte
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Charlotte that you can enroll in. Some of them are:
- Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
- Cape Fear Community College
- Durham Technical Community College
- East Carolina University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Pitt Community College
- Winston-Salem State University