Charlotte residents who have decided that the field of occupational therapy is a good fit for them should get started with the process of learning how to become an occupational therapist. Although this task may seem like an arduous one, it doesn’t have to be. By reviewing the short yet substantive guideline we’ve provided below, you can get started in building the long-term career of your dreams.
List of Elite Programs in Charlotte
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Once you’re certain that you want to become an occupational therapist, your next course of action is to locate an accredited occupational therapy school. The accreditation is significant for several reasons, one of which is that your future employers will be looking for evidence to support the idea that you’ve received detailed, thorough educational training that will enable you to work with excellence and productivity. After you’ve located a Charlotte-based occupational therapy program that is accredited, you’ll want to conduct online research or request educational brochures that provide you with detailed background information about the learning institution. This step is also quite important because it will enable you to figure out whether an occupational therapy college’s offerings are comparable to your needs and wants.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Charlotte
The state of North Carolina has a plethora of requirements that Charlotte residents must meet in order to work legally within the state. Your first step is earning a degree (bachelor’s or master’s level) in occupational therapy, after which you’ll need to complete a minimum of six months of work with a licensed occupational therapist or through an internship. Additionally, North Carolina requires you to pass a jurisprudence examination as well as a background check. You’ll also need to pass the NBCOT OTR.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Charlotte
Annual income is very important because it will likely determine your lifestyle and socioeconomic mobility. In recognizing this principle, it’s important to note that Indeed.com states that occupational therapists who work in Charlotte bring home an average annual income of $94,000. At the same time, occupational therapy assistants generate a yearly income of $65,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Charlotte
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Charlotte that you can enroll in. Some of them are:
- Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
- Cape Fear Community College
- Durham Technical Community College
- East Carolina University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Pitt Community College
- Winston-Salem State University