Charlotte residents who have decided that the field of occupational therapy is a good fit for them should get started with the process of learning how to become an occupational therapist. Although this task may seem like an arduous one, it doesn’t have to be. By reviewing the short yet substantive guideline we’ve provided below, you can get started in building the long-term career of your dreams.
List of Elite Programs in Charlotte
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Psychology Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Psychology, Counseling Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Once you’re certain that you want to become an occupational therapist, your next course of action is to locate an accredited occupational therapy school. The accreditation is significant for several reasons, one of which is that your future employers will be looking for evidence to support the idea that you’ve received detailed, thorough educational training that will enable you to work with excellence and productivity. After you’ve located a Charlotte-based occupational therapy program that is accredited, you’ll want to conduct online research or request educational brochures that provide you with detailed background information about the learning institution. This step is also quite important because it will enable you to figure out whether an occupational therapy college’s offerings are comparable to your needs and wants.
Occupational Therapy Certification in Charlotte
The state of North Carolina has a plethora of requirements that Charlotte residents must meet in order to work legally within the state. Your first step is earning a degree (bachelor’s or master’s level) in occupational therapy, after which you’ll need to complete a minimum of six months of work with a licensed occupational therapist or through an internship. Additionally, North Carolina requires you to pass a jurisprudence examination as well as a background check. You’ll also need to pass the NBCOT OTR.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Charlotte
Annual income is very important because it will likely determine your lifestyle and socioeconomic mobility. In recognizing this principle, it’s important to note that Indeed.com states that occupational therapists who work in Charlotte bring home an average annual income of $94,000. At the same time, occupational therapy assistants generate a yearly income of $65,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Charlotte
There are several occupational therapy colleges in Charlotte that you can enroll in. Some of them are:
- Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
- Cape Fear Community College
- Durham Technical Community College
- East Carolina University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Pitt Community College
- Winston-Salem State University