Boston, Massachusetts offers a wide variety of programs in occupational therapy at multiple accredited and acclaimed institutions. Occupational therapists dedicate their lives to studying environmental, biological, and physiological influences on people and their lives. Therefore, it is critical to have an extensive knowledge of human anatomy and understand how the body functions in order to better correlate outside factors and predict their affect on an individual.
List of Elite Programs in Boston, MA
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Occupational Therapy Schools in Boston, MA
Several colleges in Boston offer programs in occupational therapy. Before a person can pursue a program in occupational therapy, they must first complete a four year study program at an accredited community college or university and earn a bachelor’s degree, generally in a medical related field such as a Bachelor’s in Behavior & Health so as to give them a solid foundation for which to base their studies in occupational therapy upon.
The College of Occupational Therapy at Boston University was ranked #2 among 156 different universities in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Their MSOT (Masters of Study in Occupational Therapy) was recognized for its diverse and highly skilled staff; men and women who have written text books that are widely used in Occupational Therapy programs across the nation, speak at global conferences, and are internationally acknowledged for their research and contributions to the field.
The occupational therapy program at Boston University offers courses in a renowned research facility, as the campus at BU is known for its studies. It also offers a rich and diverse selection of clinical placement sites and research opportunity, further preparing students for a career in occupational therapy post-graduation by giving them invaluable experience and cutting edge credentials to include on resumes.
Occupational Therapy Degree at Tufts University
Tufts University is another option in Boston, MA. Their occupational therapy program has a set requirement of admissions that will guide prospective students on acquiring an academic foundation that will enrich them and prepare them for their courses. Occupational therapy training and certification requires many hours of hard work, dedication, and clinical hours.
Other Occupational Therapy Programs
It is also possible to find many occupational therapy programs online, which will allow a person to work and pursue their current studies while also training to become an occupational therapist from home.