Boston, Massachusetts offers a wide variety of programs in occupational therapy at multiple accredited and acclaimed institutions. Occupational therapists dedicate their lives to studying environmental, biological, and physiological influences on people and their lives. Therefore, it is critical to have an extensive knowledge of human anatomy and understand how the body functions in order to better correlate outside factors and predict their affect on an individual.
List of Elite Programs in Boston, MA
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Occupational Therapy Aide
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Substance Abuse
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- AS - Occupational Therapy Assistant
- BS - Rehabilitation Sciences
- AS - Physical Therapist Assistant
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
- Master of Arts in Sport Psychology – Clinical PsyD Dual Degree
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology/Clinical Psychology
Occupational Therapy Schools in Boston, MA
Several colleges in Boston offer programs in occupational therapy. Before a person can pursue a program in occupational therapy, they must first complete a four year study program at an accredited community college or university and earn a bachelor’s degree, generally in a medical related field such as a Bachelor’s in Behavior & Health so as to give them a solid foundation for which to base their studies in occupational therapy upon.
The College of Occupational Therapy at Boston University was ranked #2 among 156 different universities in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Their MSOT (Masters of Study in Occupational Therapy) was recognized for its diverse and highly skilled staff; men and women who have written text books that are widely used in Occupational Therapy programs across the nation, speak at global conferences, and are internationally acknowledged for their research and contributions to the field.
The occupational therapy program at Boston University offers courses in a renowned research facility, as the campus at BU is known for its studies. It also offers a rich and diverse selection of clinical placement sites and research opportunity, further preparing students for a career in occupational therapy post-graduation by giving them invaluable experience and cutting edge credentials to include on resumes.
Occupational Therapy Degree at Tufts University
Tufts University is another option in Boston, MA. Their occupational therapy program has a set requirement of admissions that will guide prospective students on acquiring an academic foundation that will enrich them and prepare them for their courses. Occupational therapy training and certification requires many hours of hard work, dedication, and clinical hours.
Other Occupational Therapy Programs
It is also possible to find many occupational therapy programs online, which will allow a person to work and pursue their current studies while also training to become an occupational therapist from home.