Although there are no schools in Baltimore that offer an accredited occupational therapy program, Towson University in Towson, Maryland, does have an accredited program and is only about 20 minutes away from Baltimore. Towson University is the only school in Maryland with an accredited occupational therapy program.
List of Elite Programs in Baltimore
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The procedure to become a licensed occupational therapist in Maryland begins with receiving a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from a school that has received accreditation from either the American Occupational Therapy Association or the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Once this degree has been obtained, a minimum of six months clinical studies or work experience has been completed, and a criminal background check has been passed, applicants must receive a passing score of at least 450 on the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam. In addition to these requirements, applicants must also present the board with two professional references. Once an occupational therapist license has been issued, the state of Maryland requires at least 12 Continuing Education contact hours each year in order to renew a license and continue working lawfully as an occupational therapist in Maryland.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Baltimore, Maryland
The average annual salary for a full-time, licensed occupational therapist in Baltimore, Maryland, is about 5 percent higher than the national average. Occupational therapists practicing in Baltimore receive an average annual salary of $91,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Baltimore, Maryland
Towson University in Maryland offers a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy degree. This program prepares students to pass the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam as well as provides students with the skills required to enter the working world as an occupational therapist. In order to apply for this program, students must have previously received a Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of at least 3.25 from an accredited school and completed the prerequisite courses. If students have not yet received a Bachelor’s degree, they may be interested in the Professional Master’s Degree offered at Towson University, which also includes the prerequisite courses required. These programs consist of the required classroom and clinical/work experience hours students must complete to become licensed in the state of Maryland.