Although there are no schools in Baltimore that offer an accredited occupational therapy program, Towson University in Towson, Maryland, does have an accredited program and is only about 20 minutes away from Baltimore. Towson University is the only school in Maryland with an accredited occupational therapy program.
List of Elite Programs in Baltimore
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
The procedure to become a licensed occupational therapist in Maryland begins with receiving a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from a school that has received accreditation from either the American Occupational Therapy Association or the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Once this degree has been obtained, a minimum of six months clinical studies or work experience has been completed, and a criminal background check has been passed, applicants must receive a passing score of at least 450 on the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam. In addition to these requirements, applicants must also present the board with two professional references. Once an occupational therapist license has been issued, the state of Maryland requires at least 12 Continuing Education contact hours each year in order to renew a license and continue working lawfully as an occupational therapist in Maryland.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Baltimore, Maryland
The average annual salary for a full-time, licensed occupational therapist in Baltimore, Maryland, is about 5 percent higher than the national average. Occupational therapists practicing in Baltimore receive an average annual salary of $91,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Baltimore, Maryland
Towson University in Maryland offers a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy degree. This program prepares students to pass the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam as well as provides students with the skills required to enter the working world as an occupational therapist. In order to apply for this program, students must have previously received a Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of at least 3.25 from an accredited school and completed the prerequisite courses. If students have not yet received a Bachelor’s degree, they may be interested in the Professional Master’s Degree offered at Towson University, which also includes the prerequisite courses required. These programs consist of the required classroom and clinical/work experience hours students must complete to become licensed in the state of Maryland.