Although there are no schools in Baltimore that offer an accredited occupational therapy program, Towson University in Towson, Maryland, does have an accredited program and is only about 20 minutes away from Baltimore. Towson University is the only school in Maryland with an accredited occupational therapy program.
List of Elite Programs in Baltimore
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
The procedure to become a licensed occupational therapist in Maryland begins with receiving a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from a school that has received accreditation from either the American Occupational Therapy Association or the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Once this degree has been obtained, a minimum of six months clinical studies or work experience has been completed, and a criminal background check has been passed, applicants must receive a passing score of at least 450 on the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam. In addition to these requirements, applicants must also present the board with two professional references. Once an occupational therapist license has been issued, the state of Maryland requires at least 12 Continuing Education contact hours each year in order to renew a license and continue working lawfully as an occupational therapist in Maryland.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Baltimore, Maryland
The average annual salary for a full-time, licensed occupational therapist in Baltimore, Maryland, is about 5 percent higher than the national average. Occupational therapists practicing in Baltimore receive an average annual salary of $91,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Baltimore, Maryland
Towson University in Maryland offers a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy degree. This program prepares students to pass the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam as well as provides students with the skills required to enter the working world as an occupational therapist. In order to apply for this program, students must have previously received a Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of at least 3.25 from an accredited school and completed the prerequisite courses. If students have not yet received a Bachelor’s degree, they may be interested in the Professional Master’s Degree offered at Towson University, which also includes the prerequisite courses required. These programs consist of the required classroom and clinical/work experience hours students must complete to become licensed in the state of Maryland.