Although there are no schools in Baltimore that offer an accredited occupational therapy program, Towson University in Towson, Maryland, does have an accredited program and is only about 20 minutes away from Baltimore. Towson University is the only school in Maryland with an accredited occupational therapy program.
List of Elite Programs in Baltimore
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Certificate in Trauma
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
The procedure to become a licensed occupational therapist in Maryland begins with receiving a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from a school that has received accreditation from either the American Occupational Therapy Association or the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Once this degree has been obtained, a minimum of six months clinical studies or work experience has been completed, and a criminal background check has been passed, applicants must receive a passing score of at least 450 on the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam. In addition to these requirements, applicants must also present the board with two professional references. Once an occupational therapist license has been issued, the state of Maryland requires at least 12 Continuing Education contact hours each year in order to renew a license and continue working lawfully as an occupational therapist in Maryland.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Baltimore, Maryland
The average annual salary for a full-time, licensed occupational therapist in Baltimore, Maryland, is about 5 percent higher than the national average. Occupational therapists practicing in Baltimore receive an average annual salary of $91,000.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Baltimore, Maryland
Towson University in Maryland offers a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy degree. This program prepares students to pass the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam as well as provides students with the skills required to enter the working world as an occupational therapist. In order to apply for this program, students must have previously received a Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of at least 3.25 from an accredited school and completed the prerequisite courses. If students have not yet received a Bachelor’s degree, they may be interested in the Professional Master’s Degree offered at Towson University, which also includes the prerequisite courses required. These programs consist of the required classroom and clinical/work experience hours students must complete to become licensed in the state of Maryland.