An Occupational Therapist (OT) treats clients who are ill, disabled or injured. They enable patients to regain skills necessary for daily living through physical exercises, massage and treatment programs. An OT needs a four-year undergraduate degree and must obtain a master’s degree from an accredited school to become licensed as an occupational therapist. There are a few wonderful choices of classes for those interested in learning how to become an Occupational Therapist in the Austin, Texas area.
List of Elite Programs inn Austin,TX
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Austin, TX
There are many college choices in Austin, however the number of dedicated Occupational Therapy schools is limited in Austin. The Occupational Therapy training classes that do exist are exceptional. The Austin Community College District has programs in its Health Sciences Division that lead to certification for a license and certificate to become an Occupational Therapy Assistant. This Occupational Therapy certification is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association (ACOTE).
Those who graduate from Occupational Therapy programs may sit for the national examination to become certified, an Occupational Therapy test. This test is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. A Texas state Occupational Therapy license can then be granted to those satisfactorily completing the National Board Exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Austin, TX
The median salary for those with degrees in Occupational Therapy in the Austin, Texas area is $77,544 per year. Salaries can range from a beginning annual wage of $65,116 to a higher salary of up to $90,425 for those more experienced employees with more training earning.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Austin, TX
Though there is no list of specialized Occupational Therapy colleges that offer degrees solely in this field alone located within the confines of Austin, TX, the University of St. Augustine at Austin has a much heralded Master’s Degree Program in Occupational Therapy among many other health science courses. The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is just outside of Austin and offers occupational therapy classes on the graduate level through their School of Health Professions. The courses are accredited by AOTA’s Council for Occupational Therapy Education.
There are also Occupational Therapy classes online available. The AOTA offers online classes in continuing education in this field, however there are no accredited OT programs that can be completed completely via the Internet.