An Occupational Therapist (OT) treats clients who are ill, disabled or injured. They enable patients to regain skills necessary for daily living through physical exercises, massage and treatment programs. An OT needs a four-year undergraduate degree and must obtain a master’s degree from an accredited school to become licensed as an occupational therapist. There are a few wonderful choices of classes for those interested in learning how to become an Occupational Therapist in the Austin, Texas area.
List of Elite Programs inn Austin,TX
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Understand the Human Experience with a Psychology Degree from Saint Leo University!
- Whether you're interested in general psychology or clinical practices, earn your Psychology degree from one of the top-ranked Universities in Florida!
- Receive an Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any of our multiple Psychology programs from Saint Leo University!
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Psychology degree today!
- BA: Psychology - Clinical/Counseling
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Marriage, Couple, and Family
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Austin, TX
There are many college choices in Austin, however the number of dedicated Occupational Therapy schools is limited in Austin. The Occupational Therapy training classes that do exist are exceptional. The Austin Community College District has programs in its Health Sciences Division that lead to certification for a license and certificate to become an Occupational Therapy Assistant. This Occupational Therapy certification is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association (ACOTE).
Those who graduate from Occupational Therapy programs may sit for the national examination to become certified, an Occupational Therapy test. This test is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. A Texas state Occupational Therapy license can then be granted to those satisfactorily completing the National Board Exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Austin, TX
The median salary for those with degrees in Occupational Therapy in the Austin, Texas area is $77,544 per year. Salaries can range from a beginning annual wage of $65,116 to a higher salary of up to $90,425 for those more experienced employees with more training earning.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Austin, TX
Though there is no list of specialized Occupational Therapy colleges that offer degrees solely in this field alone located within the confines of Austin, TX, the University of St. Augustine at Austin has a much heralded Master’s Degree Program in Occupational Therapy among many other health science courses. The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is just outside of Austin and offers occupational therapy classes on the graduate level through their School of Health Professions. The courses are accredited by AOTA’s Council for Occupational Therapy Education.
There are also Occupational Therapy classes online available. The AOTA offers online classes in continuing education in this field, however there are no accredited OT programs that can be completed completely via the Internet.