An Occupational Therapist (OT) treats clients who are ill, disabled or injured. They enable patients to regain skills necessary for daily living through physical exercises, massage and treatment programs. An OT needs a four-year undergraduate degree and must obtain a master’s degree from an accredited school to become licensed as an occupational therapist. There are a few wonderful choices of classes for those interested in learning how to become an Occupational Therapist in the Austin, Texas area.
List of Elite Programs inn Austin,TX
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Austin, TX
There are many college choices in Austin, however the number of dedicated Occupational Therapy schools is limited in Austin. The Occupational Therapy training classes that do exist are exceptional. The Austin Community College District has programs in its Health Sciences Division that lead to certification for a license and certificate to become an Occupational Therapy Assistant. This Occupational Therapy certification is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association (ACOTE).
Those who graduate from Occupational Therapy programs may sit for the national examination to become certified, an Occupational Therapy test. This test is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. A Texas state Occupational Therapy license can then be granted to those satisfactorily completing the National Board Exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Austin, TX
The median salary for those with degrees in Occupational Therapy in the Austin, Texas area is $77,544 per year. Salaries can range from a beginning annual wage of $65,116 to a higher salary of up to $90,425 for those more experienced employees with more training earning.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Austin, TX
Though there is no list of specialized Occupational Therapy colleges that offer degrees solely in this field alone located within the confines of Austin, TX, the University of St. Augustine at Austin has a much heralded Master’s Degree Program in Occupational Therapy among many other health science courses. The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is just outside of Austin and offers occupational therapy classes on the graduate level through their School of Health Professions. The courses are accredited by AOTA’s Council for Occupational Therapy Education.
There are also Occupational Therapy classes online available. The AOTA offers online classes in continuing education in this field, however there are no accredited OT programs that can be completed completely via the Internet.