An Occupational Therapist (OT) treats clients who are ill, disabled or injured. They enable patients to regain skills necessary for daily living through physical exercises, massage and treatment programs. An OT needs a four-year undergraduate degree and must obtain a master’s degree from an accredited school to become licensed as an occupational therapist. There are a few wonderful choices of classes for those interested in learning how to become an Occupational Therapist in the Austin, Texas area.
List of Elite Programs inn Austin,TX
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Management
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Available programs include a B.A. in Psychology and an M.A. in Clinical Mental Health & Counseling.
- Courses allow students to explore general psychology and behavioral health, as well as several experimental & research concentrations.
- Psychology programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Austin, TX
There are many college choices in Austin, however the number of dedicated Occupational Therapy schools is limited in Austin. The Occupational Therapy training classes that do exist are exceptional. The Austin Community College District has programs in its Health Sciences Division that lead to certification for a license and certificate to become an Occupational Therapy Assistant. This Occupational Therapy certification is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association (ACOTE).
Those who graduate from Occupational Therapy programs may sit for the national examination to become certified, an Occupational Therapy test. This test is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. A Texas state Occupational Therapy license can then be granted to those satisfactorily completing the National Board Exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Austin, TX
The median salary for those with degrees in Occupational Therapy in the Austin, Texas area is $77,544 per year. Salaries can range from a beginning annual wage of $65,116 to a higher salary of up to $90,425 for those more experienced employees with more training earning.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Austin, TX
Though there is no list of specialized Occupational Therapy colleges that offer degrees solely in this field alone located within the confines of Austin, TX, the University of St. Augustine at Austin has a much heralded Master’s Degree Program in Occupational Therapy among many other health science courses. The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is just outside of Austin and offers occupational therapy classes on the graduate level through their School of Health Professions. The courses are accredited by AOTA’s Council for Occupational Therapy Education.
There are also Occupational Therapy classes online available. The AOTA offers online classes in continuing education in this field, however there are no accredited OT programs that can be completed completely via the Internet.