An Occupational Therapist is a health professional that works closely with patients that are disabled and require therapeutic care to regain mobility and perform their normal daily activities. The therapist is a very important member of the health care team. They work in nursing homes, hospitals, medical centers, rehabilitation centers, offices, and home heath centers. A lot of stamina is required for the job because the therapist spends a lot of time on their feet helping patients move around. Here is how to become an Occupational Therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Arlington, TX
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Psychology Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Psychology, Counseling Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Arlington, TX
In order to work or advance in the medical field, the applicant must earn an advanced degree at an accredited school. Fortunately, there are a number of colleges and other institutions of higher learning that offer courses that lead to a master’s degree in the occupational field. Attend a higher learning institution in the local community or take a few courses online to enter the career field.
In this country, the therapist must be licensed and certified to practice. However, many states have additional rules and regulations regarding applicants and their specific requirements. After completing an accredited program, the applicant must take and pass an exam that is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapist.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Arlington, TX
Of course,salaries vary widely according to experience, training, and the type of facility. Entry level jobs pay less than more advanced jobs. The national average salary for someone in this career field is $75,400. The median salary for an occupational therapist in Arlington, Texas is about $79,266. This is slightly higher than the national average salary for a therapist. The annual salary listed is for a therapist that works on a full time basis. However, those that only work part time, nights, or weekends, earn less.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Arlington, TX
Here is a list of accredited learning institutions in the area:
- Texas Woman’s University
- Texas A&M University, College Station
- Texas Tech University
- Rice University
- The University of Texas at Arlington