An Occupational Therapist is a health professional that works closely with patients that are disabled and require therapeutic care to regain mobility and perform their normal daily activities. The therapist is a very important member of the health care team. They work in nursing homes, hospitals, medical centers, rehabilitation centers, offices, and home heath centers. A lot of stamina is required for the job because the therapist spends a lot of time on their feet helping patients move around. Here is how to become an Occupational Therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Arlington, TX
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Arlington, TX
In order to work or advance in the medical field, the applicant must earn an advanced degree at an accredited school. Fortunately, there are a number of colleges and other institutions of higher learning that offer courses that lead to a master’s degree in the occupational field. Attend a higher learning institution in the local community or take a few courses online to enter the career field.
In this country, the therapist must be licensed and certified to practice. However, many states have additional rules and regulations regarding applicants and their specific requirements. After completing an accredited program, the applicant must take and pass an exam that is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapist.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Arlington, TX
Of course,salaries vary widely according to experience, training, and the type of facility. Entry level jobs pay less than more advanced jobs. The national average salary for someone in this career field is $75,400. The median salary for an occupational therapist in Arlington, Texas is about $79,266. This is slightly higher than the national average salary for a therapist. The annual salary listed is for a therapist that works on a full time basis. However, those that only work part time, nights, or weekends, earn less.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Arlington, TX
Here is a list of accredited learning institutions in the area:
- Texas Woman’s University
- Texas A&M University, College Station
- Texas Tech University
- Rice University
- The University of Texas at Arlington