An Occupational Therapist is a health professional that works closely with patients that are disabled and require therapeutic care to regain mobility and perform their normal daily activities. The therapist is a very important member of the health care team. They work in nursing homes, hospitals, medical centers, rehabilitation centers, offices, and home heath centers. A lot of stamina is required for the job because the therapist spends a lot of time on their feet helping patients move around. Here is how to become an Occupational Therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Arlington, TX
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Emphases: General Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced
- Study human behavior and thought
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - General Program
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Health Psychology - C.A.G.S. in Psychology
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Arlington, TX
In order to work or advance in the medical field, the applicant must earn an advanced degree at an accredited school. Fortunately, there are a number of colleges and other institutions of higher learning that offer courses that lead to a master’s degree in the occupational field. Attend a higher learning institution in the local community or take a few courses online to enter the career field.
In this country, the therapist must be licensed and certified to practice. However, many states have additional rules and regulations regarding applicants and their specific requirements. After completing an accredited program, the applicant must take and pass an exam that is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapist.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Arlington, TX
Of course,salaries vary widely according to experience, training, and the type of facility. Entry level jobs pay less than more advanced jobs. The national average salary for someone in this career field is $75,400. The median salary for an occupational therapist in Arlington, Texas is about $79,266. This is slightly higher than the national average salary for a therapist. The annual salary listed is for a therapist that works on a full time basis. However, those that only work part time, nights, or weekends, earn less.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Arlington, TX
Here is a list of accredited learning institutions in the area:
- Texas Woman’s University
- Texas A&M University, College Station
- Texas Tech University
- Rice University
- The University of Texas at Arlington