An Occupational Therapist is a health professional that works closely with patients that are disabled and require therapeutic care to regain mobility and perform their normal daily activities. The therapist is a very important member of the health care team. They work in nursing homes, hospitals, medical centers, rehabilitation centers, offices, and home heath centers. A lot of stamina is required for the job because the therapist spends a lot of time on their feet helping patients move around. Here is how to become an Occupational Therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Arlington, TX
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Understand the Human Experience with a Psychology Degree from Saint Leo University!
- Whether you're interested in general psychology or clinical practices, earn your Psychology degree from one of the top-ranked Universities in Florida!
- Receive an Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any of our multiple Psychology programs from Saint Leo University!
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Psychology degree today!
- BA: Psychology - Clinical/Counseling
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Arlington, TX
In order to work or advance in the medical field, the applicant must earn an advanced degree at an accredited school. Fortunately, there are a number of colleges and other institutions of higher learning that offer courses that lead to a master’s degree in the occupational field. Attend a higher learning institution in the local community or take a few courses online to enter the career field.
In this country, the therapist must be licensed and certified to practice. However, many states have additional rules and regulations regarding applicants and their specific requirements. After completing an accredited program, the applicant must take and pass an exam that is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapist.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Arlington, TX
Of course,salaries vary widely according to experience, training, and the type of facility. Entry level jobs pay less than more advanced jobs. The national average salary for someone in this career field is $75,400. The median salary for an occupational therapist in Arlington, Texas is about $79,266. This is slightly higher than the national average salary for a therapist. The annual salary listed is for a therapist that works on a full time basis. However, those that only work part time, nights, or weekends, earn less.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Arlington, TX
Here is a list of accredited learning institutions in the area:
- Texas Woman’s University
- Texas A&M University, College Station
- Texas Tech University
- Rice University
- The University of Texas at Arlington