An Occupational Therapist is a health professional that works closely with patients that are disabled and require therapeutic care to regain mobility and perform their normal daily activities. The therapist is a very important member of the health care team. They work in nursing homes, hospitals, medical centers, rehabilitation centers, offices, and home heath centers. A lot of stamina is required for the job because the therapist spends a lot of time on their feet helping patients move around. Here is how to become an Occupational Therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Arlington, TX
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Arlington, TX
In order to work or advance in the medical field, the applicant must earn an advanced degree at an accredited school. Fortunately, there are a number of colleges and other institutions of higher learning that offer courses that lead to a master’s degree in the occupational field. Attend a higher learning institution in the local community or take a few courses online to enter the career field.
In this country, the therapist must be licensed and certified to practice. However, many states have additional rules and regulations regarding applicants and their specific requirements. After completing an accredited program, the applicant must take and pass an exam that is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapist.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Arlington, TX
Of course,salaries vary widely according to experience, training, and the type of facility. Entry level jobs pay less than more advanced jobs. The national average salary for someone in this career field is $75,400. The median salary for an occupational therapist in Arlington, Texas is about $79,266. This is slightly higher than the national average salary for a therapist. The annual salary listed is for a therapist that works on a full time basis. However, those that only work part time, nights, or weekends, earn less.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Arlington, TX
Here is a list of accredited learning institutions in the area:
- Texas Woman’s University
- Texas A&M University, College Station
- Texas Tech University
- Rice University
- The University of Texas at Arlington