Occupational therapy careers assist individuals who suffer from injuries, mental illness and disabilities that render them unable to perform everyday tasks. This careers allows those individuals to increase their motor and physical skills, allowing them to care for themselves or even find work, becoming a productive member of society. Occupational therapy careers generally require one of two educational paths: an associate’s degree in occupational therapy to become an occupational therapy assistant or a master’s degree in occupational therapy to become an occupational therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Albuquerque, NM
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Human Services - Addictions Counseling
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
Find an Accredited Occupational Therapy School in Albuquerque, NM
In New Mexico, the Board of Examiners for Occupational Therapy oversees the education and licensing of occupational therapists in the state. The Board requires attending an accredited training program to become an occupational therapist or assistant, verification of supervised training or employment, a jurisprudence examination and explanation of any criminal convictions. It also requires continuing education to maintain licensure in New Mexico. Among three schools in New Mexico that offer occupational therapy programs, two offer an associate’s degree and one offers a master’s degree.
Although certification is not required after passing the national exam and obtaining a license, some occupational therapy professionals obtain specialty certification for specific types of occupational therapy and patients. Specialty certification areas include gerontology, mental illness, small children therapy under the age of five, and physical rehabilitation.
Salaries for Physical Therapists in Albuquerque, NM
Occupational therapists in Albuquerque earn an average salary of $67,620 per year or $32.51 hour. Assistants earned an average salary of $33,890 per year or $16.29 per hour, according the Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2013. Job opportunities are expected to increase over the next several years for both occupations. The predicted increase results from a large aging population, who are most likely to need occupational therapy after crippling injuries, surgeries and other medical conditions related to aging.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in New Mexico
Accredited educational programs in New Mexico include the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, which offers a master’s degree in occupational therapy. Associate’s degrees are offered by Eastern New Mexico University in Roswell and Western New Mexico University in Silver City.