Occupational therapy careers assist individuals who suffer from injuries, mental illness and disabilities that render them unable to perform everyday tasks. This careers allows those individuals to increase their motor and physical skills, allowing them to care for themselves or even find work, becoming a productive member of society. Occupational therapy careers generally require one of two educational paths: an associate’s degree in occupational therapy to become an occupational therapy assistant or a master’s degree in occupational therapy to become an occupational therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Albuquerque, NM
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Human Services (MS)
- Pastoral Community Counseling (EdD)
- Organizational Leadership (MS)
- And more...
Find an Accredited Occupational Therapy School in Albuquerque, NM
In New Mexico, the Board of Examiners for Occupational Therapy oversees the education and licensing of occupational therapists in the state. The Board requires attending an accredited training program to become an occupational therapist or assistant, verification of supervised training or employment, a jurisprudence examination and explanation of any criminal convictions. It also requires continuing education to maintain licensure in New Mexico. Among three schools in New Mexico that offer occupational therapy programs, two offer an associate’s degree and one offers a master’s degree.
Although certification is not required after passing the national exam and obtaining a license, some occupational therapy professionals obtain specialty certification for specific types of occupational therapy and patients. Specialty certification areas include gerontology, mental illness, small children therapy under the age of five, and physical rehabilitation.
Salaries for Physical Therapists in Albuquerque, NM
Occupational therapists in Albuquerque earn an average salary of $67,620 per year or $32.51 hour. Assistants earned an average salary of $33,890 per year or $16.29 per hour, according the Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2013. Job opportunities are expected to increase over the next several years for both occupations. The predicted increase results from a large aging population, who are most likely to need occupational therapy after crippling injuries, surgeries and other medical conditions related to aging.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in New Mexico
Accredited educational programs in New Mexico include the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, which offers a master’s degree in occupational therapy. Associate’s degrees are offered by Eastern New Mexico University in Roswell and Western New Mexico University in Silver City.