Occupational therapy careers assist individuals who suffer from injuries, mental illness and disabilities that render them unable to perform everyday tasks. This careers allows those individuals to increase their motor and physical skills, allowing them to care for themselves or even find work, becoming a productive member of society. Occupational therapy careers generally require one of two educational paths: an associate’s degree in occupational therapy to become an occupational therapy assistant or a master’s degree in occupational therapy to become an occupational therapist.
List of Elite Programs in Albuquerque, NM
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
As one of the first universities dedicated to lifelong learning, John F. Kennedy University offers you a high quality, affordable education that will prepare you to advance your career and community.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
Find an Accredited Occupational Therapy School in Albuquerque, NM
In New Mexico, the Board of Examiners for Occupational Therapy oversees the education and licensing of occupational therapists in the state. The Board requires attending an accredited training program to become an occupational therapist or assistant, verification of supervised training or employment, a jurisprudence examination and explanation of any criminal convictions. It also requires continuing education to maintain licensure in New Mexico. Among three schools in New Mexico that offer occupational therapy programs, two offer an associate’s degree and one offers a master’s degree.
Although certification is not required after passing the national exam and obtaining a license, some occupational therapy professionals obtain specialty certification for specific types of occupational therapy and patients. Specialty certification areas include gerontology, mental illness, small children therapy under the age of five, and physical rehabilitation.
Salaries for Physical Therapists in Albuquerque, NM
Occupational therapists in Albuquerque earn an average salary of $67,620 per year or $32.51 hour. Assistants earned an average salary of $33,890 per year or $16.29 per hour, according the Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2013. Job opportunities are expected to increase over the next several years for both occupations. The predicted increase results from a large aging population, who are most likely to need occupational therapy after crippling injuries, surgeries and other medical conditions related to aging.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in New Mexico
Accredited educational programs in New Mexico include the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, which offers a master’s degree in occupational therapy. Associate’s degrees are offered by Eastern New Mexico University in Roswell and Western New Mexico University in Silver City.